tplink Archer c6 v2 eu - openwrt

@eriek_halenx Did you installed openwrt on TP-Link archer c6 v2 EU? is there any issues you are facing on it? i just purchased it today on Amazon. if you can give some review on this(openwrt on TP-Link archer c6 v2 EU) it will be helpful for me to proceed wheather i can go for Openwrt or stick on to the stock firmware.

@eriek_halenx Did you installed openwrt on TP-Link archer c6 v2 EU? is there any issues you are facing on it? i just purchased it today on Amazon. if you can give some review on this(openwrt on TP-Link archer c6 v2 EU) it will be helpful for me to proceed wheather i can go for Openwrt or stick on to the stock firmware.

No. I had contemplated it. But I read (albeit more than a year back) about 5ghz wifi not being stable in c6. That would be a deal breaker in my case. Then there was the added steps of getting a switch etc before doing a install, (as described on the openwrt site.)

@Ameen , may perhaps like to add something more.

@eriek_halenx i think the latest version of stock firmware support Flashing OpenWrt through the OEM web interface. Here is the version details from openwrt site which supports web interface flashing.
Screenshot_20201022-120634.jpg

In the case of 5ghz wifi the range seems average with the stock firmware itself. so for me its not a big issue iam just going to use it in my room only. My consern is not to brick the router or make it highly unstable in any case with in a few days of purchase😅. That's what I am asking for people who installed openwrt on TP-Link c6.
By the way @FujiwaraTofu post helped a lot to know about the process of flashing and possible errors and issues in that. Thank you @FujiwaraTofu

No. I had contemplated it. But I read (albeit more than a year back) about 5ghz wifi not being stable in c6. That would be a deal breaker in my case. Then there was the added steps of getting a switch etc before doing a install, (as described on the openwrt site.)

The 5Ghz Issues are present only in the latest 19.0 openwrt fw, 18.x seems to work fine. The switch in between is reuiqred for tftp method only in the US models, the EU models sold in India don't require it.

I did not have a good experience it was snapshot version not a stable one. Lot of speed issues and range issues too.

Back