Tplink Er605 load balancer router config

• Thread starter Thread starter Rickysin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 5,739
Yeah I tried omada controller and totally screwed up and had to factory reset lol

Too much hassle for me

What adapter did you get?
While, he used a Windows Laptop for winbox. You can always use the WebGUI and the android/ios app, it's called Mikrotik Pro.
There is a Home version, but you can only config basic things with it.
If you are feeling a bit adventurous, you can always run winbox via bootcamp.

Last edited:
@vishalrao i followed your suggestion and tried the following:

1. disable link backup
2. Now both wan are showing online.
3. Enabled policy routing and assigned both wan to same policy.
4. Airtel went down and it switched to jio within 15-20 seconds (it seems to be jio which took delay in assigning the dynamic ip to er605).
5. Now airtel came back online and it switched to it instantly within 1 or 2 seconds. (Using static ip)

so overall i am happy with this config

Jio is doing some crazy things. If no device or any router is connected to jio ONT for lets say 30 minutes to 1 hour then jio cg-nat server disconnects the ONT from their network. I mean un-assign cg-nat ip.

Now if we connect any device they assign a new cg-nat ip. this is weird because it takes couple of seconds for internet to get working.

if any one device or own wifi router stays connected to jio ont then it is fine. Haha

why is jio doing this with cg-nat ? Cost cutting for server usage ? Lol

I actually got my first pi because reliance broadband (anil ambani) used to do the same. if there was not internet activity, it basically required a fresh web based login. pi saved me a lot of hassle back then.

Last edited:
@Lolita_Magnum here is the adapter I received
Source
it has a removable pin
For webgui he disabled it stating that I would get attacks Is this true?
have downloaded the app pro one
for bootcamp I am thinking of doing that.
pretty satisfied with this works flawlessly
but a noob person like me wont be able to do it on my own ever I guess.
Also have you got these type of adapters?
update he also enabled some cloud and gave me a ddns to access it remotely

Last edited:
I am not still not able to understand what is wrong with the adapter.
He probably disabled in case, you mess up with the Firewall Rules in the hope of enabling something/port forwarding.
As usually, Web GUI is some of the easiest way to get in.
Mikrotik has its own DDNS service, they are usually in the following address >> XXXXX.sn.mynetname.net

The safest way is to run a VPN on the router and login through that. Additionally, this way, you can access your home network without the need for any scary port-forwarding. Obviously, performance will take a dive.

Back