TRAI's Ad-Cap Regulation for Television Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 5,706
I guess football is the only game which is telecasted with out any ads during the match...

Yes, its the sport itself which determines the inactive time. Football is played almost continuously whereas Cricket have time between overs, drinks, change in equipment or major changes in field. Take Golf for instance, if only one person was playing at a time, there will be so much time for the player to walk across field to the next place where he has previously hit the ball to.

Basically TRAI has not mentioned which Sports (Cricket, Football, F1) channel should have 12 minute rule :)It depends upon broadcaster as how they manage to squeeze ads in allocated 12 min/hour.Regarding higher amount paid to get rights, I guess broadcasters always had income received from adverts by broadcasting particular sports events. Hence there was big competition to acquire rights. Now if they know they have only 12 min/hour time slot for ads, they would have to start planning. Besides sponsors should keep this rule in mind before sponsoring event.I think this rule would benefit viewers, Sponsors would suffer as ad rate would go up for them.

I guess football is the only game which is telecasted with out any ads during the match...

include hockey and also tennis... too much less ads. esp. in India

Yes Hockey we can say that but in Tennis they telecast ads during the breaks of each games...

So whatever happened to these rules ?? Those of u who have star cricket hd must have been amazed during yesterdays T 20 match between India and Pak the way it was telecasted on star cricket hd .. They actually cut the 1st ball in an over many times to accommodate adverts .. Shame really !! I though HD channels would have lesser ads but nothing is different here .. come on star cricket hd now please start showing the L shaped ads in HD also and make the coverage more pathetic and show that nothing can be done in a proper manner in this country ...

12 minutes is enough to break the flow in a formula-1 race. they need to make rules about no ads for a continues form of live sporting event :P

because you are paying a very low price. call it subsidized pricing. consider the prices of pay per view content. 50 bucks for a movie. now calculate how much they would want you to pay for ad-free content 24x7?

Back