Trichy Airtel store is helpless to give new connection

• Thread starter Thread starter manju322
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,563
@pachabhut Jio and Tata operational? That's probably why they won't bother with the upgrade. And yes that defies logic but they prefer to make a clean sweep of the area..bit difficult if you have other giants like Tata and Jio around. If it makes no commercial sense they won't budge.

It was the same thing in my residential area with You, Tata already present but Airtel hesitated and for a while refused to upgrade giving one excuse or the other. I had to do a lot of convincing to upgrade my housing colony to fibre and for a year or so later ours was the only place which had fibre while others were VDSL. Airtel would not even advertise its presence or give new connections! "Orders from the top" was the answer of the technician since a person I know in the neighboring colony wanted a connection. It's only later they began to spread out and start upgrading lines. And they put up boards to advertise their services to residents in the area only in the past 2 months or so.

Net net Airtel works in strange ways. You really can't figure it out.

@mikrotik similar situation here in my locality. RWA charges money to the cable operator under "usage charges". We currently have Tata Play Fiber and Airtel Xstream Fiber in our apartment. Over 200 flats. Earlier we had YOU and Tikona also but their service contract was cancelled due to a lot of complains. Jio Fiber is available in the neighbourhood but our RWA simply denies their request to put fiber in the colony. I came to know that earlier our RWA had an "exclusive" contract with Tata, but then after receiving a lot of requests and with the help of some local politician, airtel also started their services in the beginning of 2023.
Although Tata works fine, i wish i had an option to choose Jio Fiber for my parents as it comes with free live TV and 4K set top box along with a OTT package.

Airtel giving VDSL connection in 2023 is bizzare. I have seen this a lot in bangalore, they simply refuse to upgrade their infrastructure. Only reserve their fiber service to premium gated society. I understand this from a financial point of view but their VDSL service is pretty bad and lack luster. Jio and Tata being Fiber first right from the beginning really helped them to expand their network and aquire a lot of customer base. Jio has their fiber services in tier-3 and tier-4 towns of UP and i have seen it with my own eyes. People living there don't really understand what is fiber but completely ditch DTH and get Jio Fiber with 4k STB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back