ULF 1350 - 1st July 2010 Are you getting 2Mbps?

• Thread starter Thread starter ckr97
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,296

ckr97

Regular
ISP
ACT Blaze 30 Mbps (Post 50GB, 512Kbps)
So, the New Month has started. According to the revised plans last month, every month, the UL1350 customers should get 2Mbps (till 15GB download).

Its 2pm 1st July 2010 now in Bangalore and I am still getting the 512kbps (Last month - I was given 2Mbps till 15GB)

If you are part of ULF 1350, are you getting 2Mbps today? If BSNL doesn't operate based on what they promise, then it is really BAD. I feel like going back to old UL750 plan, which will give me 512kbps speed. Why pay more money and suffer!

My BSNL and SPEEDTEST reports below:

BSNL BROADBAND SPEED TESTER
Your IP Address: 117.192.X.X
Your Current Bandwidth Reading: 504.00kbps
(Download Rate at 63 KB/sec)

https://www.speedtest.net

A few other members have also reported the same problem. When I had ULF 1100, I faced the same problem. But the speed increased by afternoon. Let us hope that they will increase the speed some time today.

@meetdilip - Thanks for reply. So it looks like BSNL server clock run in different timezone :) LOL Btw, which plan are you using now?Just checked the speed (6:45pm IST), still getting 512kbps. Tested with AUTHENTIC BSNL's own Broadband Speed Test.BSNL BROADBAND SPEED TESTER Your IP Address: 117.192.X.XYour Current Bandwidth Reading: 503.70kbps(Download Rate at 62.96 KB/sec)

I am using UL 750. Please check with your exchange about the slow speed. Hope they can do something or advise what to do.

11:25pm IST - Rebooted my Modem once again. Still getting 512kbps only. Tried calling 1502, the Customer Service is SLEEPING and not understanding what I am speaking.Even, he does not know exactly about UL 1350 plan. Later call got transferred to another guy. He asked me to goto Control Panel and Line got disconnected. When I try again (press 9 to speak to customer service), I do not get any further ring or response.BSNHell customer care is WORST!@gruuvy - Which city? How come you are getting double speed? Is Fair Usage Policy is not applied for you?

@ ckr97 I too am from Bangalore. Till the 30th of June I was getting almost 2mbps speed. Yesterday I did not use the internet but today I found that I am not getting over 512kbps. Browsing, torrents, ftp the speed does not go over 512kbps. I do not know what BSNL is upto

@evol - are you using UL-1350 plan? @wamexlapex - sorry to hear that. Are you using UL-1350 plan? You said you were getting 2mbps speed for whole month. Does this mean that you didn't cross the 15GB limit in the month of June 2010?BSNL is so irresponsible ISP. Its so difficult to get them on phone. Planning to visit their office.

@ckr97 - Yes I am on the UL 1350 plan. I did not cross the 15GB limit and hence was getting 2mbps the whole month. My neighbor went over the limit in the last week but his speed was not reduced last month but from the 1st of this month he too is not getting more than 512kbps. I do not think BSNL's software for these FUP plans work very well.

Back