Unable to connect to Internet using a Siemens Speedstream 6520 router...

• Thread starter Thread starter rvsu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 11,659

rvsu

ISP
BSNL
Dear All, I have a Siemens speedstream 6520 router. Ive recently taken a BSNL Broadband connection and I am in the process of setting up the router. BSNL provided me with a username/pwd. The default router IP was 192.168.254.254. I reset the router IP to 192.168.1.1 to bring it in sync with ISP IP... I gave the IP range as 192.168.X.X to 192.168.Y.Y. The default gateway is 255.255.255.0. When I do this config changes, this doesnt connect to the Internet. I then get into the router setup again and change the mode to WAN and select PPPoE. After I rebooted the router, it stopped detecting the network and shows limited connectivity. Under local area connection properties, I selected detect settings automatically. Am i missing something here? Please help

Did you put the VPI/VCI -0/35.Also is this the only router being used? or do u have more than 1 router..........................................................:huh:

Siemens speedstream 6520 router
Essbebe,

I am not able to connect to the Internet. That is the problem... I have 2 laptops and one mobile phone.

Do i have to do something in my laptop to connect to the internet... I thought all settings needs to be done only on the router...

I also need to enable wireless...
Reply to above PM
Go step by step Take up laptop 1.
1.set up network (wired) connection in laptop1.
Start/Allprograms/ accessories/ communications// networksetup wizard. Follow Instructions.

2. Set up the modem/router to connect to internet
I had given the web site for quick install and user manual.
http://tinyurl.com/6lk3o3
Vpi/vci as given by @mac 0 and 35 MOST Important entry.
In WAN page Select pppPPPoE
enter your userId without @ bsnl.in
enter Password. Enable DHCP etc.
SAVE and REBOOT Wait for 2 or three minutes
In the modem, go to Diagnostics page.
Report what steps have failed and passed.

3. Connect one Rj45 from modem LAN port to
laptop1 ethernet port. TEST
4. Start run type cmd type ipconfig/all
Post data here.
Para two:
Give feedback.

Dear All,

I have a Siemens speedstream 6520 router. Ive recently taken a BSNL Broadband connection and I am in the process of setting up the router. BSNL provided me with a username/pwd.

The default router IP was 192.168.254.254. I reset the router IP to 192.168.1.1 to bring it in sync with ISP IP...

I gave the IP range as 192.168.X.X to 192.168.Y.Y.

The default gateway is 255.255.255.0.

When I do this config changes, this doesnt connect to the Internet.

I then get into the router setup again and change the mode to WAN and select PPPoE.

After I rebooted the router, it stopped detecting the network and shows limited connectivity.

Under local area connection properties, I selected detect settings automatically.

Am i missing something here?

Please help

ok pls configure your router as : ip address : 192.168.1.1, Enable dhcp ..
vpi/vci 0-35 and select pppoe and put your username and password ( provided by bsnl).select other setings as default.
you dont have to configure the wan interface ip address , default gateway and dns server ..make it get ip address automatically.. and for default gateway too..you can add dns server by yourself if you like to do so ..now go to lan configuration part in your modem configuration page and give ip 192.168.1.1 subnetmask as 255.255.255.0 use default gateway as the ip of your lna interface of the modem so it will be 192.168.1.1 ...

Mac, thanks a ton... just changing the VPI/VCI to 0/35 did the trick... im now able to connect to the Internet

Hi All Ive recently updated my laptop with the latest windows updates and after that i am unable to connect to the internet over wireless... the wireless LED in the router does not glow... please help

Back