Unable to get internet connection

• Thread starter Thread starter mitul
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,910

mitul

ISP
BSNL
I've used bsnl broadband for some 8 months without any problem.After 8 months, I've disconnected my broadband connection due to some personal reasons.During disconnection they (bsnl) don't asked me to return my modem and other components.From past 2 months I'm in need of broadband connection.So I applied for connection again.One day they (bsnl) asked me to bring the modem to their office for configuration.I gave them my modem and got it back.They told me to plug in the modem and just install the usb drive software.I did the same but I can't access any website.When I open the I.E it displays "the page cannot be displayed".But I'm able to open the home page of modem by entering "http://192.168.1.2". My modem is UT-300R2U.I called them(bsnl), they asked me to change Ip addr,default gateway,dns... but nothing works.For the past 2 weeks I'm complaining to them, they were replying the same. Finally I'm unable to get internet connection.I don't know what to do. Please help me !

when connected via usb, your modem ip would be 192.168.1.2 .. open your modem config.. go to WAN page and under vpi/vci 0/35 see if it is in bridged mode or ppoe mode.. if its in ppoe mode, see if your username and password is entered..do you know yourbsnl username and password?

Thank you for your reply.please tell me which option I've to select in wan settings.1.dynamic ip addr2.static ip addr3.pppoe/pppoa4.bridge modewhether pppoe/pppoa is used only if modem is connected via ethernet?vpi & vci are set to 0 & 35where i can see my username and password?

@mitul
modem is UT-300R2U. trying USB port 192.168.1.2
1When you got the connection renewed
did they give a new USERID AND PASSWORD?
OR asked you to use the old IDD and password ? The latter unlikely.
2. Did you connect earlier via USB port or LAN port ?
3. Your specific query select 3 for "alwayson"
Next If already programmed your user name will be visible.
Password will be xxxxxxx.
SAVE and reboot wait for two or three minutes.
4. If you were using a dialer select "BRIDGED"
Save and reboot.
You have to use external dialer to connect.
Feedback.
Ref :
Ut 300r2u - India Broadband Wiki
calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mdm04.html
wiki.broadbandforum.co/Port_Forwarding#For_UT-300R2U

@essbebe

Earlier,
I connected via usb port.I didn't use dialer.whenever I switch on the pc the connection was active.
I do not know which option was used earlier.

Now,
I installed the usb driver and I open the home page - just clicked the "run wizard"

under the wizard I selected

time => indian standard
wan settings =>dynamic ip addr and i restarted the modem.

And still there is no internet connection.

Did i select the wrong wan setting?

why I've to select option 3?

They give me broadband user id as xxxxxxxxxx @bsnl.in

I don't have lan port.

whether pppoe/pppoa is used only if modem is connected via ethernet?

waiting for your reply !

UPDATE:
modem is UT-300R2U. trying USB port 192.168.1.2
UserID & password obtained. from BSNL.
wan settings =>dynamic ip addr and i restarted the modem.
why I've to select option 3?
Para two:
You use
(1)what is told in the WIKI ( if settings pages are same )
(2)or in Calcutta telephones site
(3)or suggested here. post No 4.
(4)Or any kind of combination as you like .

hi essbebe,I followed ur wiki tutorial and successfully get internet connection.Thanks a lot for ur response.dude would u please tell me how to connect this modem on my Dell laptop via ethernet.I already tried connecting via usb on laptop but usb drive s/w is not supported by vista.please guide me.

Try USBport for desktop and LAN for Laptop.USB IP address 192.168.1.2Disconnect Usb port cable from modem. UPload the usb drivers to say C:/usbmodem drivers.(If installed earlier already uninstall them )Connect the usb cable. Restart the system. Let Windows detect new Hardware. Follow procedure. see whether drivers installed.

you could directly plug in the LAN cable from your modem to your laptop.. and in most cases your laptop should automatically get an ip and be able to surf.. if not, go to the command prompt of vista and type ipconfig and post output here

hi dude,

i cannot open this website(www.broadbandforum.co) and some other websites thro my broadband connection.

Last night i can open this website but today i can't. what's the problem.

Back