uncertain peering speed and review after 1 month !!

• Thread starter Thread starter Prateek.jsr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,969
ISP
IDEA BRODBAND > BSNL > RAILWIRE
here i am done with a one month usage of railtel broadband . i know there is nothing new in this but this post is for some purpose and maybe will help upcoming railtel users who want a new subscription . "post is bit long but worth read !!"
my plan - 1 mbps unlimited ( 1034 including tax ) .

friends i must say after migrating from bsnl which was worst in my area i am amused to use railtel broadband . leave the speed aside . in the whole month there was 3 hrs of downtime.. 2 hr when my city was facing heavy rainfall for many days and 1 hr for their maintenance work which they messaged be before . and during the last week of aug there was heavy rainfall for straight 3 days but the speed was uninterrupted .

i was in the middle of the talk one day with the owner and asked him why so much of negative reviews in many of the websites . he told from the railltel side everything is OK they rarely shut down the server or anything else. all depend upon the LCO in your area . how they maintain and provide the service . my net provide only deal with broadband service so they are focused in this and hardly any problem occur . so if you are facing downtime or any prob its your LCO to talk with . nothing wrong from the railtel side.

now the second thing is peering . from the first day i got peering when downloading from torrent sites . i was unaware that railtel do provide peering . though many users dnt get it .
peering speed in my case differ . the new torrent gives speed of 300-350 kBps / 3 mbps . whereas the old one 200kBps/2mbps around .
but here comes a new surprise . from the last 4 days im getting a speed of 1 -1.5 MBPS (8 mbps ) on every torrent .tested with both new and old torrent :p what more a user can expect if he gets 8mbps speed while torenting ;)

anyways here my post ends hope it will help someone :)

Last edited:
Hello you forgot to mention your city?

You should have taken the 1249 plan. 10Mbps till 60gb then 1mbps unlimited.

Yes it depends on your LCO. But customer support is poor and we haven't seen an online payment option till now.

yes regarding CSO its very bad . they never pick calls or reply to mails . regarding online payment my lco was telling that they might roll out online payment option very soon .

Back