• Thread starter Thread starter yohu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,630

yohu123

The Immortal One
ISP
MTNL Triband 849NU (2048 down/512 up)
Hi,Im using the 849NU package of MTNL Triband and since the past 2-3 weeks ive been noticing that when i restart my connection during midnight to refresh my session, the connection becomes very unstable afterwards.I cant open any sites and after multiple refreshes, suddenly they wud load half way and then stop again.I started noticing this when my Ares downloads were not progressing.I never used to stay awake more than 20-30mins past midnight and mainly use to be online to refresh my connection.I even tried restarting my connection (unplug/replug my wifi power) even after midnight a few times to see if the connections stabilizes but it doesnt.So the prob doesnt seem to be occuring due to the refresh of my session.I dont face any unstability during the day and have refreshed my session in a similar fashion during the day too.Is anyone else in Mumbai facing a similar prob?Plz help.Thanx, in advance.

yes even i have noticed a drop in browsing speed just after midnight. I think it is mainly because everybody with NU plans gets up and starts browsing and so the traffic increases.

there is no such problems in Delhi...browsing speed is consistent through out the day.

this seems to be happening only in Mumbai.but its not just within the 1st hr after midnight that i face instability.i stayed awake till 2:30am last night but still the pages needed multiple refreshes and ares as usual was only showing a status of 'Connecting'.i dont face any probs either with ares or with websites opening during the day.its only after midnight and only since the past 2-3weeks.now if i complain to the mtnl babus about this they wont and cant do anything about this coz they leave offices by 5pm between mon to frihow they ever gonna monitor this instability after 12am?

Do you do anything unusual during the night, like switching on the AC or inverter or even connection a landline phone extension? DSL signals are very weak any small external disturbance can cause them to snap, you have to observe this. In my case it happened that whenever I switched on the room fan(with a speed regulator), the DSL signal snapped. There have been instances(i read this on the Internet) where a neighbor has switched on his water pump and your signal snaps. So just observe.

I unplug all phones on parallel lines at home and even remove the splitter and just keep the ADSLmodem connected.Thankfully No one wants calls after 0000 hrs till 0800 hrs coz we are supposed to be asleep :)

& since i have RECONNECT and ShutdownUTILITY I've seldom stayed awake after starting up everything at 00.10 :)

hehe, sounds funny but no.i never did anything different while refreshing my session at midnight, in the past 2-3 weeks.but can anyone else here in mumbai confirm (especially close to my exchange) that their connection remains stable after midnight for a 849NU connection?My exchange is Mazgaon.

@yohu123 Any chance of intermittent external wireless pickup by your WIFI router ( i think you use one) Reposition the antenna, or change location.
Try changing the channel freq or check in LAN wireless network any other network active !
during the night time.

Internet Connectivity Tester,Internet Connectivity,Internet,Internet Connectivity log,Connectivity log,Internet log
http://www.privacyarea.com/download/ISP/G/ISP_Tester.exe

For reference :
May be you can try a replacement splitter ?
How do I perform an isolation test?

To perform an isolation test, we need to unplug all phones, answering machines, fax machines, monitored alarm systems, external ringers, filters and the like from the telephone line. If there are any cordless phones, wireless routers or anything that uses a radio frequency, please turn them off at the power point as they may cause interference with the Broadband modem. Making sure that the Broadband modem is the only device plugged into the telephone line ensures there are no other devices interfering with the sync. Once you have isolated the line, shut down the computer and turn off the power to the modem. Leave everything powered down for a few minutes and then turn the modem on. Once all of the lights have steadied, turn on the computer and retest your connection.
If performing this test resolves your issue, this can indicate a number of things. Either one of the devices is faulty or is incompatible or that one of the filters is faulty. From time to time, electrical pulses or shocks can occur down the phone line which can \"fry\" filters. More often than not, customers will find that the filter is at fault although this may not always be the case.

My exchange is Mazgaon.

Dude,If its a stability problem, then its probably got to do with the Line between exchange and ur computer.
Any disturbance in the line will cause the unstability and hence the disconnect(Thats why i unplug all parellel phones to minimise line noise/Disturbance)

Hmmmm, anyone from Mazgaon Exchange have any problems like this recently

@yohu123 Any chance of intermittent external wireless pickup by your WIFI router ( i think you use one) Reposition the antenna, or change location.
Try changing the channel freq or check in LAN wireless network any other network active !
during the night time.

Dude,If its a stability problem, then its probably got to do with the Line between exchange and ur computer.
Any disturbance in the line will cause the unstability and hence the disconnect(Thats why i unplug all parellel phones to minimise line noise/Disturbance)

Hmmmm, anyone from Mazgaon Exchange have any problems like this recently

in both cases, the instability in the net connection shud occur at any time of the day and not only after midnight.
furthermore, i just realized today that around 8th-10th may, i had installed Service Pack 3 of Windows XP PRO and this instability is also occuring since approx 2weeks.
but i had download/installed it via windows updates only and the filesize is 316mb.
i dont know how sp3 cud be directly responsible for this instability coz again, it happens only after midnight after i refresh my mtnl triband session.
refreshing my session during the day doesnt coz any instabilities in the net connection.