unsubscribe Add ons on sun direct dth

• Thread starter Thread starter Arun Prasad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 7,205
can any one tell me how to unsubscribe an add on pack..

Other day the Cust Care executive told me, there's nothing called unsubscribe. Add-on are purchased, charged on a monthly basis and there's not auto-renewal even if there's balance left in the account. I found this true, as Set Max and Mercury+ stopped for me after a month and I had purchase the add-on again. May not be convenient for some, works well for me.

Other day the Cust Care executive told me, there's nothing called unsubscribe. Add-on are purchased, charged on a monthly basis and there's not auto-renewal even if there's balance left in the account. I found this true, as Set Max and Mercury+ stopped for me after a month and I had purchase the add-on again. May not be convenient for some, works well for me.

oh.. for me every time its get auto renew.. thts y asked..

Hey Arun Prasad,i also had this problem with the Music Pack.I just ordered for a month.After one month i didnot order again,but the music pack addon got activated without my knowledge.I asked cc but they are not accepting this,they told me that the addon will not be activated automatically.But really i didnot activate it,like this for 3 months it activated again and again.So i took a decision that i need to use the money left in the a/c,so that i can stop the automatic activation.So i ordered some nice sports and movie addons.So that the a/c balance came below Nine rupees,and the music pack is 10 rupees.So it cannot be activated now:D.So after that i didnot order that pack at all.Also i will not leave any big amount like 200 or 300 Rs in the a/c,becoz they may order the pack again.So if i need to order a sports channel(Tensports) its Rs20,so i will buy a RS25 Recharge card and i will order that so again the a/c balance will be below nine.So it is safe.:thumbsup:

Hey Arun Prasad,i also had this problem with the Music Pack.I just ordered for a month.After one month i didnot order again,but the music pack addon got activated without my knowledge.I asked cc but they are not accepting this,they told me that the addon will not be activated automatically.But really i didnot activate it,like this for 3 months it activated again and again.So i took a decision that i need to use the money left in the a/c,so that i can stop the automatic activation.So i ordered some nice sports and movie addons.So that the a/c balance came below Nine rupees,and the music pack is 10 rupees.So it cannot be activated now:D.So after that i didnot order that pack at all.Also i will not leave any big amount like 200 or 300 Rs in the a/c,becoz they may order the pack again.So if i need to order a sports channel(Tensports) its Rs20,so i will buy a RS25 Recharge card and i will order that so again the a/c balance will be below nine.So it is safe.:thumbsup:
hmm nice idea.. now i want to remove tensports. and after IPL setmax.. i have around 450 in my balance.. dont know what to do now?

hmm nice idea.. now i want to remove tensports. and after Indian Premier League setmax.. i have around 450 in my balance.. dont know what to do now?

May be drop a email indicating you are not renewing to customer care upfront and asking them also to not renew any addon. Inspite of it, if it happens, then you can point them to the email and ask them to refund the addon money to your account. I have found the this email id to be responsive in the past - [email protected]

HTH.

If you have enough balance the current add-ons automatically get renewed each month. If you want to unsubscribe, you need to call up cust-care give specific instructions.. There is no online facility for this.

Hey pmadhan and draog like u guys said,i too sent 10 emails and called the CC and told them not to activate the package for next month,but nothing happened becoz inspite of telling the CC also the package got activated each month.Atlast only i took the decision that i need to use that balance money for some good channels instead of using it to some crap channels.Hey arun prasad,If u like Jumbo pack,u may order it.Most of the channels are available in that.Its cost Rs.300.If u like the package then do it.It is a suggestion for you.:thumbsup:

If you have enough balance the current add-ons automatically get renewed each month. If you want to unsubscribe, you need to call up cust-care give specific instructions.. There is no online facility for this.

That's interesting because, I had enough balance (180/-), but my Mecury+ and SetMax did not get renewed automatically. Infact, I was afraid this might happen after reading some posts and talked to CC, they said it's not automatic and it worked the way they said atleast for these 2 packages. Not sure what's going on or if this auto renewal is specific to music packages like some pointed out.

That's interesting because, I had enough balance (180/-), but my Mecury+ and SetMax did not get renewed automatically. Infact, I was afraid this might happen after reading some posts and talked to CC, they said it's not automatic and it worked the way they said atleast for these 2 packages. Not sure what's going on or if this auto renewal is specific to music packages like some pointed out.

It looks like they have corrected auto renewal option after lot of complaints.
For me, they automatically renewed CNBC for last 3 months. But suddenly, this month it stopped coming and when I logged-in to portal and checked, it was removed from my add-on. I renewed it again... so it is my experience. May be from this month, automatic renewal is not done and I like it ;)

Back