urgent help needed!! Modem PROBLEM

ISP
Dataone UL 900
hi i'm using UT-300R2U modem supplied by bsnl,and i'm connected to my windows xp sp2 pc via ethernet over brigde connection since two days its giving problem,when i connect to dataone,connection staying for about 5 or 10,even less some times,and ethernet link is constant and not blinking when connection is gone,,but ADSL link is fineand when i try to reconnect it says "connecting throgh WAN miniport(PPPOE)" after few sec it giving Error 678: The remote computer didnot respond,for further assistance,click More INFO ........so on but nothing happening,this happened yesterday and i restarted pc and modem,even then no result,after 3hrs it got connectedbut since today morning same problem continued,and but it resolved by restarting modem,but hardly connection stays for more than five min,sometimes even less,everytime i had to restart modem,its so annoying,pls helpand i formated my pc does it hav any eefect,in afternoon connection stayed for 5 hrs at a strech,later on when i had to reboot my pc,problem recurred,till now i hav been restarting my modem atleast 15timeshelp pls!!!!!!!! help me!!

i guess your router is in bridged mode. first take it out of the bridged mode. connect through a LAN cable. Let the router handle the PPPoE authentication and login. Then check if the problem persists.

i guess your router is in bridged mode. first take it out of the bridged mode. connect through a LAN cable. Let the router handle the PPPoE authentication and login. Then check if the problem persists.

pls give me clear instructions how to do it,plss i'm very confused over it
i cant even handle the web authentication page of router thru 192.168.1.1 when this thing is happening

now i connected through usb last night,its working but morning its not possible to open even google,but upload is going well in torrent and d/l is at

to convert from USB to ethernet is pretty simple. Just remove the USB cable and plugin the LAN wire. It must go into the modem on one end and go into your machine in the other end.To change the mode from bridged to PPPoE / PPPoA. Login to the router ( 192.168.1.1 ). Click WAN and then click PPPoE / PPPoA. Save the settings and restart.

thanks for info,i'm back on ethernet, i called up JE at local ecxhange,he told that problem may be with ur ethernet card,so i reinatalled the driver,working fine since five hours,i hopr it will work as good as beforethanks for info max

You can try this solution.Go to highspeed Lan connection.Right click,select disable.Now Modem will be disabled.Now right click same icon and select enable.Now you would be able to connect.When I get error 678 I follow this trick and it very often works.If it does not work the problem lies with the telephone exchange.

Back