Urgent help needed! unable to forward ports

ISP
Airtel
Long story short, i have an airtel xtreme fiber router, with model id AOT5221ZY. so basically, i want to ssh into one of the devices into my network.

1. ssh server is already setup and ready and listening for connection in the device, that i want to ssh into. it has ubuntu.
2. I have a static ip assigned into my router, so all the traffic routes through it and NAT is enabled, because many pcs are connected to the router.
3. Now, under network settings, there is a option called NAT, in that there is port forwarding, even though i have enabled 22 port for my device's local ip, it is still not working, i am unable to ssh into the pc via the static ip.

any clue or hint would be much appreciated. thank you. i am attaching a picture as well, i will gladly provide more info if needed.

I am using same ONT and setup in same way, and working fine for me, when do run the application for which I setup and enabled the port.
Is your server IP correct? And matched the system/device?

Yes sir, my server ip is correct, i have tried ssh using the local ip over lan, which is the server ip as well, its working but when i use the static ip, it doesnt work, but in ideal case it should connect to the linux machine. can i use DMZ? as far as i understood, dmz enables all ports on specific server ip, so i can put the linux machine local ip there.

DMZ is not the solution, in most cases you don't ever want to leave it enabled. Unless you have a secure and full proof firewall system on your Linux machine, do not do it.

even with dmz it did not work, i figured maybe due to nat type symmetric was of issue which blocks ports and addresses, according to my research, changing to full cone would solve this but sadly, the wan configuration page is ready only , you can edit, but it does not have a save button. i enabled save button via inspect element but it does not do anything after pressing.

Most likely you have CG Nat which will restrict you from forwarding ports no matter what settings you apply on your router (Port Forwarding, DMZ, UPnP, etc) you have to talk to airtel about the issue. In the meantime you can try ngrok. See: ssh using ngrok

Back