*URGENT*:Wireless modem or Normal modem

• Thread starter Thread starter qwarentine
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,211
Hi Qwarentine, Here are your answers again:

1. For safety all users who dont have unlimited connections are recommended to use Bridged Mode.

2.Yes you can still use that.

3. Yes, it does.Here is the link.BSNL BROADBAND MAIN MENU

4. No it is not stored in router.If you use WPA also then first you will connect to the router wirelessly using the password set for WPA, once this is done you will use the dialer in which you will enter your broadband useername and password and after that, it will get connected.

BSNL guys say they are having dearth in modems. They indirectly suggested to me to buy a modem of my own. So now i am having these doubts: Since i am looking for wireless connectivity, i dont want to buy ADSL modem and Router seperately. Please suggest me a modem (ADSL modem + Wireless Router) which BSNL suppports in case any issues come later. One more question, if i ask the BSNL guys for Wireless connectivity do they provide me ADSL modem and Wireless router seperately? Does that charge me extra!!!Please suggest

Go to SJP/SP Road (computer market) near Corporation circle-Market, and ask for ADSL router in different shops... You will get the best price over there.. Ask for D-Link/Netgear/Linksys ! If you ask bsnl people for providing wireless, they give ADSL wireless router itself. they wont give two equipments ! When you buy, make sure it is ADSL Wireless router, not just a wireless router !

Linksys WAG200G looks a good ADSL Modem Cum router.If you are buying a router from outside make sure you alwaus buy an ADSL Modem Cum Router and Not only an ADSL Router.Look for routers from Linksys, D-Link, Netgear.If you buy from BSNL they will give you an ADSL Modem Cum Router and not an ADSL modem and a router separately.Good Luck Hope you Find a Good Router.:thumbsup:

If you are buying a router from outside make sure you alwaus buy an ADSL Modem Cum Router and Not only an ADSL Router.

I think, ADSL Router means, it is a router with inbuilt modem. Otherwise, it cant be called as ADSL Router. It should be just called as Router !

I think you are confused :)

Back