Using Airtel Net On 2 Pcs

#1) What is the source of your information, noname, that it will shorten the life of the modem?#2) People who buy the modem are fools.#3) People who then tell Airtel that the modem is spoilt because they used both ports are definitely fools.

Ok, the source is Airtel Tech support [not customer support] - but wait , I dont think those guys have an agenda - they after all dont mind if the user connects 2 PC's using the switch.But then ...

The truth is something different here NONAME,We, at tech support, advise our customers not to use modem on both ports because, it will work fine on Ethernet port but the USB port will HANG again & again,Life of modem doesnot get short in that case but tech support do not advise customers to use both ports simultaneously so that users will not face the no browsing problem frequently due to the USB port hang problem o/w they will say that AIRTEL CONNECTION SUCKS, IT STOPS WORKING AFTER A SHORT TIME..

QUOTE(Airtel Buddie @ Nov 16 2006, 06:36 AM) [snapback]68865[/snapback]
The truth is something different here NONAME,

We, at tech support, advise our customers not to use modem on both ports because, it will work fine on Ethernet port but the USB port will HANG again & again,

[/b]

Hi Anshu,

Just the person who can help me!

I am helping a friend setup his router in Chennai with the Beetel 220 BX modem. The problem is, we both are in Sydney!! I have given him diagrams and step by step instructions about setting it up. My only problem is the Beetel modem. It would have to be in bridge mode. I do not think that it would be in that state by default.

Could you give me a step by step (if thats not too much trouble) or a detailed manual for the 220BX so I can send the instructions to Chennai??

Thanks in advance,

Live Long & Prosper
PiCaRd359

Hi picard, if you are configuring the 220bx with WiFi router or any other router, it must have to be configured in PPPoE mode (Direct Mode).. coz in bridging mode, it needs dialer to be configured & modem will be visible between router & DNS server ... so you have to configure it only on PPPoE mode in which you have to configure userid & password in modem settings...

QUOTE(Airtel Buddie @ Nov 16 2006, 06:36 AM) [snapback]68865[/snapback]
The truth is something different here NONAME,

We, at tech support, advise our customers not to use modem on both ports because, it will work fine on Ethernet port but the USB port will HANG again & again,

Life of modem doesnot get short in that case but tech support do not advise customers to use both ports simultaneously so that users will not face the no browsing problem frequently due to the USB port hang problem o/w they will say that AIRTEL CONNECTION SUCKS, IT STOPS WORKING AFTER A SHORT TIME..[/b]

Sorry for the tremendous up;
but why is it that when connecting the beetel 220BX to two computers the USB keeps hanging?
This is really annoying me
and yes, a router would be better, but I'm only staying in India for 2 months, so I just wanna fix this problem.

Back