Using Open DNS Making Airtel Slow

• Thread starter Thread starter adi231189
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,527

adi231189

ISP
Airtel Explorer 1099 384Kbps Day/1mbps night with FUP :(
Guys I have Been Using Open DNS For Some time Almost A year Now but Off Late a week or So I am experiencing Huge Problems the Browsing is Getting Slow.I was Using Open DNS because Airtel DNS are Mostly Clogged Leading to Slow Browsing Now it is the Other Way Around.So i wanted to Know If Anyone is experiencing the Same Issue Using Open DNSthe DNS i am using is208.67.222.222208.67.220.220So wanted to Know Is there A better DNS Server As Well Or Should I now Just Switch to Airtel DNS.

OpenDNS can not make browsing slow. From DOS prompt run:ping anything.comif u get answers within a second that means OpenDNS is working fine.

OpenDNS can not make browsing slow. From DOS prompt run:
ping anything.com

if u get answers within a second that means OpenDNS is working fine.

okk Tried it with Airtel DNS and Open DNS not Much of Difference Between them in Time for a Particular Site But Don't Know I like not Using the Airtel DNS since they have More chance of getting Slow.So Does anyone has any Other Suggestion for a Open DNS other Than Open DNS Which is as Good Or Better than Open DNS.

i've tried many times for airtel to work with opendns but always got problems.. opendns ip's gets deleted whenever router is restarted.. moreover airtel is indeed facing DNS issues lately.. Moreover sometimes speeds also drop badly

so to use this opendns servers.
would i need to change dns servers numbers in the routers main page or in the network settings on my laptop/ps3 ?

You can Change in Network settings And Also in Router Just search Open DNS in google You can Know how to apply them.

Back