UTStarcom WA3002g4 and nokia wifi phones.

• Thread starter Thread starter private900
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 18,499

private900

ISP
BSNL
Can anyone tell how to setup wifi on UTStarcom WA3002G4 modem to use with my N95?? i tried setting up my BSNL username and password on the modem but i am only able to browse google.com site (Both on PC and Phone). other sites refuse to open. my pc is connected via lan to the modem.any help is appreciated.

I have the same question....... I use Huawei WA1003A Wireless modem and Nokia N95 8GB and I use the net on my HP Laptop by WLAN. Please help......... How can I connect both, what would be the procedure....... Thanks in advance.......

since n95 cannot dial PPPoE connections, we have to set the username and password in modem. but even doing that i am unable to browse in PC and phone. but in modem, it is connnected to isp.

@private900use openDNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220In TCP/IP properties select assign IP address automatically.DNS as above. If there is diagnostics page in the modem/router check status there. .OPEN 192.168.1.1/main.html Advanced Diagnostics. 1.confirm all web sites can be viewed. with LAN connection to Laptop.2 Then check Laptop in WIFI mode.3. Mobile phone i have no idea. But hope it will work for Internet !Did Google search for N95 and in an Australian forum some software /firmware updates were recommended.

@essbebe,tried your suggestions. entered the openDNS addresses into the modem's primary and secondary DNS columns. now i a partly connected. i.e. websites still dont work but i am able to ping all websites. IM's are also working. but only websites are not opening both in PC and phone.

1. Did you try
Start/ Network connections/ Local area connection/ properties.
select TCP/IP properties
select auto assign IP address. Enter DNS as given earlier.
2. start run type cmd type Ipconfig/all give details.
3. If you have the OS Cd
start run sfc /scannow
4 Start/Control Panel/Add remove software/ windows components.
uninstall/repair IE. Restart computer. reinstall IE.
5. Start My computer.[ Explorer] In address bar type Google
does it open in IE ?

tried the above. everything is fine. tried both firefox and IE. but unable to open websites. i believe i have to configure something in modem settings. as when i dial my connection from XP everything runs fine. but when i put my user name and pass in modem, i am unable to browse, though i am connected.

reply confusing.
1.Does the lap top work in WiFi mode. ?
2. could you browse the web sites now after using Bridged( dialup) connection. ?
3. in the cellphone N95 could you access and browse Internet ?
You can try ppp/PPPoE later. ( always on )
or Dynamic IP address later.

HiI am facing the same problemAm using UTSTARCOM WA3002G4 modem and am trying to connect N95 to internet using the Data one connection.But as i read from many forums N95 do not support PPPoE :wall: @private900Dude how did you put your username and password in the modem configuratton, I mean which screen?? I am unable to even connect any site using N95 + WIFI connection (u are able to browse Google through the phone???) Are there anymore idea on these?? Manu

Back