UTstarcom WA3002G4 modem, internet sharing

• Thread starter Thread starter vedaakash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 35,617

vedaakash

ISP
bsnl broadband
HelloI have recently subscribed to bsnl broadband connection and asked for a type 2 modem so wht i can wirelessly connet to internet. I got a UTstarcom WA3002G4 modem. i have a pc and a laptop and my bro is getting another laptop. can you please tell me how can i connect to interenet on all both laptops and pc at the same time. i went to bsnl office and they configured such that i can use only laptop wirelessly and tht too only after dailing. they were sayin tht if we put the username n password on modem anyone can use it, i dont thnk anyone will do so, n even if thy dont mind....pls let me know how to configure, my laptop n pc r on windows xp where as my bros laptop is on vista.Please help me n thanks in advance..

you would require to put username and pasword in the modem.. WA3002-g1 (Type-II) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION follow step 10 onwards.. once you select PPoe Mode.. you should find a field where you have to enter bsnl username and password enter same username and password you use while dialing in your laptop

/members/vedaakash/
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in.
Make a note of existing settings in the modem/router.
Task : "Always On" connection. instead of Bridged.
Enable DHCP. Presume you know how to program the laptops. for WiFI.
Give feedback please.
Go into modem setup from browser (192.168.1.1, admin/admin)

Click Advanced Setup> WAN Setup
Click "Edit" on First Row showing 0/35 under VPI/VCI column.
Under ATM PVC Configuration
VPI: [0-255]=35
VCI: [1-65535]=35

Enable VLAN Tagging = do not select
Service Category: = UBR without PCR
click next
Select "PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE)" and Encapsulation Mode = "LLC/SNAP-Bridging"
Click Next

Under PPP Username and Password
PPP Username: = (* without @bsnl.in)
PPP Password: =
PPPoE Service Name: = Leave this Blank
Authentication Method: = Auto
Do not select anything else on this page.

Enable NAT = yes
Enable Firewall =yes
Enable IGMP Multicast = yes
Enable WAN Service = yes
Service Name =pppoe_0_35_1 (or anything else)
Click next

Now "WAN Setup - Summary" should look like this
VPI / VCI: 0 / 35
Connection Type: PPPoE
Service Name: pppoe_0_35_1
Service Category: UBR
IP Address: Automatically Assigned
Service State: Enabled
NAT: Enabled
Firewall: Enabled
IGMP Multicast: Enabled
Quality Of Service: Disabled

Click "Save".
Click "Save and Reboot" on next page

**Restart your PC and WA3002G4**

Go to "Network Connections"

Select "Local Area Connection" and "1394 Connection" at the same time (hold down control key)
Right click and select "Bridge Connections".
Let windows Create Network Bridge. After few seconds it will shows status as "Connected".
Wireless settings need not be changed now.
Post these details if any problem.
Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all for XP machines . .
Procedure for Vista different.

whn i open the browser with http:19...n login...i dont see interface setup anywhre as mentioned in the diagram.....do i need to start from step 1 or directly step 10......am very new to this pls help in step by step...thank you

UPDATE:0637PM DO NOT RESET THE MODEM !!!! ( STEP13)
When you access the modem settings page :
Quidway WA-1003A ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION
Follow step 10 onwards . More clear here in this web site.
Basic Idea is you have to enter Your UserID ( without @bsnl.in) and password in the modem/router WAN page and enable DHCP. for "Always ON" connection.
Rest of the things including wireless settings need not be changed.
------------------------

Make a note of all existing settings in the modem/router after accessing the pages.
Option 1 : Try http://192.168.1.1/hwhtml/pMain.html
..Option 2 :SStart Network/Local Area Network/ Properties
....From the Page TCP/IP properties. Change Obtain IP address automatically.Close.
.....Option 3: : Start RUN type cmd type ipconfig/all for computer connected to ......modem/router. post details here.
.......The default gateway is for the router/modem. Use IE. clear temp files . use small letters for ID: admin and password: admin

well since you arent able to access http://192.168.1.1 you would have to configure the ip part.please follow options 2 and 3 from essbebe's post above..and then try accessing http://192.168.1.1

if that doesnt work .. then go to the same page in option 2 and instead of selecting Obtain IP address automatically.. you can try typing in the ip address manually.. enter ip address as 192.168.1.4 .. gateway ip as 192.168.1.1 .. now try http://192.168.1.1

superprash...

am able to access 192.168.1.1 but interface setup, i dont see anywhre mentioned interface setup.....

essbebe...
my modem is wa3002g4 where as the link shows mdem wa1003a.....anyways i tried the steps frm 10 but...wht is shown in my window is as below...i dont see wht to delete n whr to click on add...pls help me yaar

Wide Area Network (WAN) Setup

Choose Add, Edit, or Remove to configure WAN interfaces.
Choose Save/Reboot to apply the changes and reboot the system.

VPI/VCICon. IDCategoryServiceInterfaceProtocolIgmpQoSStateRemoveEdit0/351UBRbr_0_35nas_0_35BridgeN/ADisabledEnabled0/321UBRbr_0_32nas_0_32BridgeN/ADisabledEnabled8/351UBRbr_8_35nas_8_35BridgeN/ADisabledEnabled8/811UBRbr_8_81nas_8_81BridgeN/ADisabledEnabled0/1001UBRbr_0_100nas_0_100BridgeN/ADisabledEnabled14/341UBRbr_14_34nas_14_34BridgeN/ADisabledEnabled1/411UBRbr_1_41nas_1_41BridgeN/ADisabledEnabled255/2551UBRpppoe_1_1_1ppp_255_255_1PPPoEEnabledDisabledEnabled

you seem to be in the right page.. select 0/35 .. and change it from bridged mode to ppoe mode.. and you should find a place to insert your bsnl username and password.. if you are stuck please post a screenshot of the WAN page

i have done as u mentioned, i got the place to insert username n password, finsihed till last step n rebooted but nothing happens after tht...i mean my laptop doesnt connect to internet either automatically or if i go to dail....

------------
firstly cn u let me knw weather i need to do this on my pc whch is connected via lan card to the wifi modem or my laptop on whch i have usb wifi device pluged in........

can we chat on yahoo or cna i call u...my id [email protected]

doing it either way should be the same cause in the end you have to configure your router.Open http://192.168.1.1 .. and see if you can see a status page or sometimes even the default home page will tell you if you are connected successfully.It should show you an ip like 59.x.x.x.x( if you are a old user) or 117.x.x.x(new user)

Back