Verizon CDMA locked phone in India ?

• Thread starter Thread starter blufade
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 20,546

blufade

ISP
Airtel
hiIs it possible use a phone locked to verizon us in india ? Its a cdma phone and doesn't use sim card, so no unlocking service. Even if I were able to unlock the operator lock, will I be able to subscribe to any cdma network in India ?

i was also thinking about getting myseld a droid. now considering getting the Nokia n900.

well i want a good android phone. ready to pay any price.

i am not sure if motorola milestone is available unlocked. it is the GSM edition of Droid being sold in the UK market.

my friend is coming back from USA... i guess i need to find someone who is coming back from UK instead :P

----------

trying to find this phone in USA :)

Won't the Droid be a good option, considering that's the only one with Android 2.0, and also the fact that it retails at what I think is a mouth watering price :D

as i said milestone is the one for india. its the gsm version of droid. and most cdma operators here now are sim based. tata indicom has stopped selling sim-less mobile devices. and the mouth watering price comes with a contract.

Contracts I believe are void if one moves to an unserviced area. If we can identify the right combination, things will work out :D

incidentally verizon HIKED their contract termination fees just after launching droid. and it goes down by USD 10 every month.

so if a customer breaks his contract, he would pay enough money to compensate for any cheapness on the mobile device. :)

----------

usd 350 dollar if you break your contract immediately after purchasing the phone. earlier it was around 150 USD so it made some sense doing so.

Hi guys,Did any of you manage to get a CDMA phone from verizon working in India, I want to use it on Tata Indicom.

Actually there is (was) a way to avoid the contract breaking charges.

When the person is coming back to India, he need to call the provider and tell that he is moving to India and as there is no service of the provider in India, want to break the contract. Sometimes they will unlock the phone for free or intimate to send some proof that u continue working in India.

In my case I faxed then my postpaid mobile bill and no charges levied at all and the phone was unlocked.

BTW it was way back in 2008 and the provider was AT&T

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

@Admin I think Nexus one is a good phone if u interested in Android

Back