• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 8,268

Navjot Singh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Airtel
Videocon d2h has added the 1000GB storage capacity version of the HD Recorder, for their Direct to Home (DTH) service. The company says that this translates into 1775 hours of recording. This DVR was unveiled at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards held at Macau. Like the current 500GB version, the 1000GB version will also offer the ability to record two channels simultaneously and also offers Auto Serial Recording. This DVR also has the 3D capability, and Videocon d2h offers one 3D channel on the platform. No word yet on when this DVR will be available in the market, or the price.
Source

I'm sure it'll cost a bomb as 1TB hard drive itself retails for 4K.

Yes looks very tempting considering videocon has about 22 hd channels .. but one problem is that ive heard that the 500GB dvr is full of flaws and if this box has the same then its not worth it .. can anyone who has bought it please tell if this box is without issues ??

Navjot Singh said:
This is an entirely new box and has not gone for sale yet. Expect it to launch soon.
Yes sir but was told that box is new but software will be same as 500gb dvr so hoping that the problems wont be there ...

I wish it comes with an offer. Recharge for a year and get the box for free like how they are doing it for the current DVR.

_Chairman_Saab_ said:
That's great ! Anyone tried opening Dvr? Can't you just swap exiting drive?
I asked the Videocon engineer and tech support about this and both denied hot swapping capabilities.
I was told that the box boots from the hard drive so it can't be replaced.
If you have cloning tools and drive bays at your disposal, try cloning the data onto your new drive and it might work.

chocos said:
I asked the Videocon engineer and tech support about this and both denied hot swapping capabilities.
I was told that the box boots from the hard drive so it can't be replaced.
If you have cloning tools and drive bays at your disposal, try cloning the data onto your new drive and it might work.
Bro changed the HDD is very simple .
when U add your HDD ( new HDD ) to the set top box it will ask u to format go thorugh it will take 2 min and it will be done
i check with 2 tb HDD 320 gb HDD :) no need to call eng hehe

Back