Vista Wan Miniport (PPPOE) Fix

• Thread starter Thread starter haxilos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 7,473

haxilos

ISP
BSNL
Ok so i ran into a problem with vista (not new), i ran into a stability problem which i think corrupted the wan miniport (pppoe), so what happened was everytime i tried to connect through dialup i could not get through the wan miniport pppoe thing. The only soulution i could think was to do a system restore or reinstall vista, sys res did'nt fix it, so i applied the other sol. . But later i did my own vista research so that whenever i get into such a problem again, i would'nt have to get through the whole shabang again.so i state it in plain letters before typing the possible solution. THIS SOLUTION HAS NOT BEEN TESTED BY ME OR ANYONE I KNOW UNTIL NOW, NEITHER IS IT TAKEN FROM GOOGLE OR MICROSOFT SUPPORT, IT IS JUST MADE FROM VARIOUS SOLUTIONS TO OTHER SUCH PROBLEMS.SO, I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT MIGHT ARISE OUT THIS SOLUTION.I just think it is a good idea to give it a shot before reinstalling vista.

The following commands are to be carried out from command prompt (cmd) in administrator mode.

netcfg -e -u ms_pppoeminiport

netcfg -e -i ms_pppoeminiport

That MIGHT fix the problem.

From a forum Google search .vista wanminiport.
This is the solution:
Use the following commands to be carried out as the
user Administrator (Run as Administrator) from Command prompt (cmd):
netcfg -e -u ms_sstpminiport

You may have to find the course Hardware ID device
from the Device Manager and selecting the Details tab-> Hardware IDs
if it is not 'ms_sstpminiport' which is causing the problem.

I am not technically minded so please don't blame
me if this doesn't work. But it did for me! Yoo hoo!!
I didn't discover this by the way, it came from a Greek site!

Back