VoIp adapter with Sify connection (static IP)

amit_karani

ISP
Sify
Guys, I am new to broadband world and thus need your help. Recently I took Sify connection for using Grandstream Handytone 286 voip adapter but somehow its not working. Please help me in this regard.Here I have few doubts which I believe is the roadblock:1) Is router MUST if I want to use VoIP? If yes, suggest me the best router.2) I have purchased a Switch, but somehow my adapter and system is not able to get internet simultaneously. So, whats the problem.3) Is username and password used for sify login is a roadblock? If ye, how to solve it...can ify people provide it without uername and psw.4) Sify also says that if you want to use a system other than the registered one, then you need to regiter its MAC address with them. But when I am connecting the net cable directly to voip adapter, they are not recognisinhg it MAC address.Please let me know.

What is the modem you are using for connecting to Sify ? Is it a cable connection going directly to your computer LAN port ? or a cable modem is used ?
Grandstream - Innovative IP Telephony
Download manuals and quick installation guides.

Back