• Thread starter Thread starter ddindia
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,711

ddindia

ISP
Airtel
Hi,
I am new to VOIP in general and am looking to achieve the following. Any points on where I need to start my exploration would be helpful:
- Should be able to assign a customer a virtual number which is reachable from any landline/mobile in India.
- Any incoming call to the virtual number should result in the call being forwarded to the actual landline/mobile of the customer.
- Should be able to generate a call summary for the incoming call (how long etc)

Some relevant questions:
- Are there existing systems that I can use for this? If I install something like Twilio Cloud Communications | Web Service API for building Voice and SMS Applications what else would need to be done to make this work with phone in India? Could you recommend a good technical resource which might give me a good idea on this that would make useful reading?
- Like twilio, which seems predominantly US are there any platforms that will work in India?
- I did come across services like https://www.globalcallforwarding.com/, but they are probably too costly to meet my requirements.

Kindly suggest...

Back