WA3002G4 Wireless modem, problem with wired ethernet.

moto_razr_v3i

ISP
BSNL
I have 3 computers connected to this modem via ethernet cable and 1 laptop connected through wifi. Internet was working fine until today morning, when the ethernet lights at the back of the modem, where the ethernet cables are connected started blinking continuosly and there was no connectivity in the computers.

However, the wifi in the laptop is running smoothly. I RESET the modem and reconfigured it using my laptop, but still the same problem persists. The diagnostics page shows as below:

I tried rebooting the systems, removing all the ethernet cables and putting them back again, but still there is no connectivity to the systems. please help.

I have 3 computers connected to this modem via ethernet cable and 1 laptop connected through wifi. Internet was working fine until today morning, when the ethernet lights at the back of the modem, where the ethernet cables are connected started blinking continuosly and there was no connectivity in the computers.

However, the wifi in the laptop is running smoothly. I RESET the modem and reconfigured it using my laptop, but still the same problem persists. The diagnostics page shows as below:

I tried rebooting the systems, removing all the ethernet cables and putting them back again, but still there is no connectivity to the systems. please help.

I RESET the modem and reconfigured it using my laptop
.Presume using a LAN port Rj45 cable to laptop.
Say from LAN1 to laptop. Confirm.

Check ipconfig /all in laptop.
compare data with desktops.
Start RUN type cmd
Ok
New window
type ipconfig /all

2. Check my "sticky" thread WA3002g4 quick reference (lists about 15 models )
for screen shots settings etc for modem/router.
Enable DHCP in lan page.
Try in PPPoE mode ( UserId/PW entered/stored in WAN page )

I RESET the modem and reconfigured it using my laptop
.Presume using a LAN port Rj45 cable to laptop.
Say from LAN1 to laptop. Confirm.

Check ipconfig /all in laptop.
compare data with desktops.
Start RUN type cmd
Ok
New window
type ipconfig /all

2. Check my "sticky" thread WA3002g4 quick reference (lists about 15 models )
for screen shots settings etc for modem/router.
Enable DHCP in lan page.
Try in PPPoE mode ( UserId/PW entered/stored in WAN page )

DHCP is enabled. see this:

And regarding the modem reset, I reset it using the wifi not the ehternet cable. Even the laptop is not being able to connect using the RJ45 ethernet cable.

i have the same type 4 modem and i found the problem... it may not be the exact issue in your case , anyway , just posting , so that it might help you I havent changed my main ethernet connection to my laptop [ 4th port] in a long time .. few weeks back i found that connections keeps dropping and thigns like that , so i tried to change the port , viola , things are fine.. Also try replacing the ethernet cable they provided , it seems cables and even routers bsnl provided are of cheap quality.. as you said , wifi connection was stale for me.. anyway now using port 1 for main connection , port 4 is almost dead, gives me connection drops.. , hope this helps you out I am planning to get a Cisco or D-Link router and though away this filthy huwai crap

All 4 lan cards ( one in laptop) cannot go non functional.

Check the MAC enabled option in Wifi settings.
Disable it. ( whether this will help ???!!!)
or
Disable Wireless
and try Lan modes only.
also recheck diagnostics .

Need ipconfig /all of at least one lan ethernet card.

Back