Wanna get an MTNL connection - Router advice please

• Thread starter Thread starter bmanrockz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,933
If you can't afford the huge market price,get it rented from MTNL.But remember,they wont offer you high end routers.(they buy everything in wholesale from tenders,and they choose the cheapest and buy it):(

I am sold on the Linksys Router...i have talked to MTNL representatives about getting a connection and i agree that these guys are not gonna be of much help troubleshooting anything...so i might as well get my own router....

Linksys WAG200G sounds the best of the lot, but i am checking online sites and the price of this one varies from 4600/- (ebay.in) to 9000/- (rediff) :confused:

like they say..."the truth is out there"...
Mate just go to Lamington Road and get it for the best price ;)

wht i was trying to conveyr was that the price difference for the same product is huge between vendors, and wanted to know what is the correct price. I don;t want to go for the 4600/- one only to find out it is not genuine or has a defect.

I just want to know the correct market price for it.

One more question...is the WAG200G compatible with other broadband vendors??

Also, is there some way, even if it is not through MTNL, that i can determine if my telephone line condition is good enough for broadband before i buy the connection ??

heard of Lamington Road or Alphau will get the best deals there.

wht i was trying to conveyr was that the price difference for the same product is huge between vendors, and wanted to know what is the correct price. I don;t want to go for the 4600/- one only to find out it is not genuine or has a defect.

I just want to know the correct market price for it.

One more question...is the WAG200G compatible with other broadband vendors??

Also, is there some way, even if it is not through MTNL, that i can determine if my telephone line condition is good enough for broadband before i buy the connection ??

If you can buy/borrow an ADSL modem/router, and plug your telephone line in, then open IE, goto 192.168.1.1 (or whatever IP you're router has), and then check the statistics.
There will be line attenuations displayed...the lower the better (less than 30 is quite good). However, there is no guarantee if MTNL gives you entire 2mbps even if the line is good

Back