• Thread starter Thread starter pudu123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,935

pudu123

Regular
ISP
Airtel Xtreme 40Mbps
Hi,Can anyone tell me a place in New Delhi where I can upgrade the hard disk of my Mac Mini? :huh:Any idea how much it would cost to upgrade from 80 GB to atleast 120 GB?

argh. looking at the tutorials online it looks like a pretty complicated task to do at home.

i am not sure if nehru place have people who are expert in Apple hardware tinkering.

gaffar market might be another place that is worth checking out.

but i guess you would lose your warranty in both cases.

----------

have you checked with the apple service centers in delhi? if they provide this service? check if they can replace the disk with another one that you would buy yourself. you might just get lucky.

I would prefer to have it done from authorized dealers.I sent an email to anything mac in yusuf sarai. Have not received any reply as of know.EDIT : yeah. that is what I did with RAM. I bought RAM. went to anything mac and had them install it. will be cheaper.

much much cheaper. :)

laptop hard disks are slightly expensive compared to regular ones.

Apple's own prices would be super duper expensive :D

----------

i have the macbook which provides easy access to the hard disk as it is located just besides the battery.

i have still not played with it replacing it with a bigger disk.

i guess its worth testing out in the coming days. :)

Yes.But, I am apprehensive of getting a inferior HD which might tank in the future.

duh. you believe Apple picks up superior quality hard disks which are not available in the market? just check out the options available in the market. seagate or toshiba. stay away from samsung :P and you should always have a backup. mac os x makes it easy with time machine.

Yeah. I have a backup.80 GB in today's times is just too little esp. with a heavy p2p user like me.private tracker sites are very demanding of healthy ratios. :)EDIT : I need to download this macintosh documentary which is available only on savethecoratee and this site is very demanding of seeding files for a very very long time.

i faced the same problem with my laptop where i had to move data to the desktop on a regular basis. one day the laptop started giving problems. i shifted to desktop. have no plans to switch back to the laptop with 1.5TB space at my disposal.

its not actually. 1TB HDD is like 4K in the market these days. i think i paid more money for a 1.2 GB HDD back in 1997.and of course even with speeds of 1mbps, you can fill it up in a couple of months.

Back