new hard disk

• Thread starter Thread starter bsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 9,393
three are just the generations of hard disks. .12 is the latest. the price difference is not much. so its better to go for the latest one coz it is more recently manufactured.

thx for the info dude ...

seagate is best in class... it has some spare clusters which are activated when some sectors turn bad and using seagate tools you can deactivate bad clusters and replace them with spare clusters so that disk looks fresh and fit for best performance. I have personally done this so I know and now my 250 GB runs like charm !WD has onsite warranty --> its sending them via prepaid courier and getting back also via courier.seagate has service center tripsHitachi has service center trips

i have a great hardware supplier. i just drop the HDD at his place and pick the replacement after 2-3 days. if there is any urgency, he provides me with a backup HDD from his own side.

I have owned an external Segate pro for a while now 500 GB. I think next time I am just going to get a coolermaster casing and a IDE HDD with eSata or whatever the new technology is. Its the same thing and Would save so much more money. HDD inside would be Segate anyway so I would get a good HDD with Coolermaster cooling solution for it + I'll save around 3+ Thousand on that

seagate is best in class... it has some spare clusters which are activated when some sectors turn bad and using seagate tools you can deactivate bad clusters and replace them with spare clusters so that disk looks fresh and fit for best performance. I have personally done this so I know and now my 250 GB runs like charm !

Can you provide a link to that Seagate tool which you have mentioned?

----------

I have owned an external Segate pro for a while now 500 GB.
I think next time I am just going to get a coolermaster casing and a IDE HDD with eSata or whatever the new technology is. Its the same thing and Would save so much more money. HDD inside would be Segate anyway so I would get a good HDD with Coolermaster cooling solution for it + I'll save around 3+ Thousand on that

Does your external HDD becomes so hot that you need a cooling solution for it?

^Thanks. Will test it on my old hard disk and see if it is in good condition or not.

i recollect faintly now ... there are 2 types of test one is short and other is long. do long test and in the end it will ask you to repair the bad sectors. say repair all and if you are lucky your harddisk is as new as .......anything new !

Back