• Thread starter Thread starter Nuxer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 15,600

Nuxer

liNUX+usER
ISP
Asianet FTTH
I bought a PixelView PlayTV Pro 4 internal TV Tuner Card for watching TV on PC. Ubuntu 9.04 recognized my new tuner card. I installed TV Time application for watching tv. But the output is not good. Also I tried Myth TV. It is a horrible application and too difficult to configure. Please suggest any other good application for watching tv in good clarity. I am using Tata Sky and 18.5 Samsung LCD.Note : It is the case of Ubuntu. The output from Windows Vista is simply superb.

Try tv time

tvtime is a high quality television application for use with video capture cards. tvtime processes the input from a capture card and displays it on a computer monitor or projector. Unlike other television applications, tvtime focuses on high visual quality making it ideal for videophiles.
tvtime supports:
* Deinterlaced output at a full interlaced rate of 59.94 frames per
second for NTSC source, or 50 frames per second for PAL sources.
This gives smoothness of motion and high visual quality.
* Multiple deinterlacing algoritms for finding the optimal mode for
your video content and available processor speed.
* 16:9 aspect ratio mode for the highest available resolution when
processing input from an external DVD player or digital satellite
receiver.
* A super-slick on-screen-display for the complete television
experience, with a featureful menu system.
* 2-3 Pulldown detection for optimal quality viewing of film content
from NTSC sources.

Homepage: tvtime: High quality video for Linux

Hello Nuxer.. it seems that we are from the same state and also i am using the same Ubuntu Version and also the same TV Tuner card. But unfortunately i am not able to receive any signals... channel scan is not giving any results... can you please help?. Its very important that i am able to configure it :)..please help :)

Hello Nuxer.. it seems that we are from the same state and also i am using the same Ubuntu Version and also the same TV Tuner card. But unfortunately i am not able to receive any signals... channel scan is not giving any results... can you please help?. Its very important that i am able to configure it :)..please help :)

Sorry Friend, I sold my tuner card for Rs.800/-. Because I migrated from desktop to laptop and it only contains Ubuntu 9.10 (Now I am a Pure Ubuntu user). As far as I know, Ubuntu is not yet ready for watching tv. Number of supported tv cards are small and it is too difficult t configure (in the case of average user).

Recently I bought a tv tuner card named Avertv super009 from AverMedia. It is a PCI type tuner card for my old desktop. I started configure it on Ubuntu 10.10. Avertv Super009 is "saa7134" based tv tuner card and supported by 2.6.35 kernel. Ubuntu recognised my tv tuner card without any problem. I cannot get any sound when using tv time. Again the same problem.............:icry:

I got a fix from linuxtv.org after a detailed research. Sound problem solved in TVtime. Now, I am watching tv on Linux machine.:happy:

"Linux is ready for watching TV".

Back