can i use my computer for watching tv

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 7,590
Instead of signals going to monitor or TV tuner card from STB, I wud like if STB can be replaced by software running on a PC. That makes sense otherwise doesnt make any sense. With TV tuner card.. it can be done anyway right now.

I don't think its possible to view channels without using any harware component. The best way is to buy a TV Tuner card and enjoy... The VGA box is a good deal from Dish TV. You can connect it to your Computer and also later use it in your TV. Awesome gadget. I'd have gone for that if I'd come to know abt it earlier.... :mad:

i dont understand whats the use of VGA box? if line goes direct to monitor that means u cant work on computer. and if line goes to TV tuner card, then that can be done right now anyway with standard Dish tv

Instead of signals going to monitor or TV tuner card from STB, I wud like if STB can be replaced by software running on a PC. That makes sense otherwise doesnt make any sense. With TV tuner card.. it can be done anyway right now.

well i have read all the details about VGA box from the site and discussed with dealer and also with some of my friends.....there is no need for any software to be installed on PC you get every thing ready with you in the form of VGA box. just by connecting this you will be able to watch all channels you are subscribed to. further there is one more benefits of this you can watch tv and work computer simultaneously no need to turn off computer for watching tv .....just by one button you can swich to computer and on to tv.

button? does that mean i cant minimize window and listen to say just commentry? in that case.. tv tuner card wud be better.

button? does that mean i cant minimize window and listen to say just commentry? in that case.. tv tuner card wud be better.

Dear Amish,
You cant minimize window and listen to commentry in this...... but the only benfit till know i identify is, its a complete box and it can also work with your tv as well that its two in one box if you want to connect to computer it will work on computer and also you can connect it to tv.
further, if i found any other benefits i share it here only with you guyz.

As the outputs to computer and tv are different, is it possible to connect both pc and tv and watch on both?

As the outputs to computer and tv are different, is it possible to connect both pc and tv and watch on both?

Dear Tech_enthu,

I agree the output of both computer and tv are different but they have provision in their VGA box to connect with both tv and computer. The only thing we have to do is just plug in and plug out. rest will be done by VGA box.

whats the use of VGA thing if u cant work and listen. instead its better to invest on tv tuner card where u can work and listen.

Dear Tech_enthu,

I agree the output of both computer and tv are different but they have provision in their VGA box to connect with both tv and computer. The only thing we have to do is just plug in and plug out. rest will be done by VGA box.

Can we watch different channels in the tv and pc or both show the same? Why I am asking this, STB with PVR has the provision to record a different channel than the one you are watching.

Dear Tech_enthu, Here by using VGA BOX you can watch same channels on computer and tv that is if connect it with computer ot tv you can watch only those channels that you have subscribed to. foe ex if you have taken MAXI package then you will be able to watch all 170 channels under that package on both tv and on computers.

Back