Waze Updates

So who all use waze here?

used it on nexus s. but since navigation worked from day one on Galaxy nexus, i did not install it at all. it's cool really. like the ability to mark traffic cops and other pointers. other than that, i see no use for it anymore. i wish google adds something similar to google maps :D

I wish more people start contributing. There is a group Delhi to Gurgaon but the last report on it was 3 days ago I think. Anyways I am actively reporting about traffic on it.

ah well. there is very little hope considering you need a fairly powerful hardware to run this app. google i believe might be recording traffic data in the background (if you have location tracking enabled on your phone).the good thing of course is that it works on multiple platforms.

Precisely. The fact that 186 people are there in Delhi to Gurgaon group is a testimony that people are willing to try things. Its a shame they choose to be lazy bums and want things served on a platter without themselves contributing anything.

lol. i am sure i am part of a group based in gurgaon. and i believe a lot of people installed the app and explored and joined groups only to see that it requires too much effort to use. and got rid of it at a later stage. i mean the number of people with phone docks in their cars is likely to be still very small in the delhi ncr region. the dock i have is not compatible with Galaxy nexus making it very hard to use navigation properly :P

used it on nexus s.r us but since navigation worked from day one on Galaxy nexus, i did not install it at all.

I want to use it for traffic udates (realtime) rather than navigation

well. to get real time traffic updates, you would need a significant number of people using the app on the road at the same time! i do not see that happen for a long time to come. i cannot really say that the traffic updates has helped me travel locally since it was launched in india.

Back