weird problem in DSL 502T on MTNL Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter hatcap_2000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,594

hatcap_2000

ISP
MTNL and SIFY
Hi,I am facing some weird problems since 7 days . I live in dahisar area.I have DSL 502T MTNL given modem. 1 . The modem doesnt respond properly.the 192.168.1.1 page doesnt open . it opens only if i access that only in few seconds after turning modem ON. after some activity it cant be opened. 2. The Internet is not stable.The modem keeps on hanging.the status LED ( which is blinks normally) stops blinking.The ADSL light freezes , leaving me not to accesss the net. 3. Once i restart the modem , only power LED comes. nothing else.:wall::redface:

Hi,

We all are victims of the 'April Problems' which are still going on even after 1.5 months. As usual, not getting the right customer service from MTNL; neither from 1504 nor from the local exchange. They are just making us run from pillar to post. None of them really know what & where exactly the problem area is. Everytime, I call them, they have some strange reason for the problem & never know exactly when the problem will really end or have a final permanent solution.

Meanwhile, you may read these problems discussed in detail here in this thread => MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity - Broadband Forum India

We all are sailing in the same boat dear with no respite in sight as of now. All of us are facing the same or similar symptoms.

Hi,
I am facing some weird problems since 7 days . I live in dahisar area.I have DSL 502T MTNL given modem.
1 . The modem doesnt respond properly.the 192.168.1.1 page doesnt open . it opens only if i access that only in few seconds after turning modem ON. after some activity it cant be opened.
2. The Internet is not stable.The modem keeps on hanging.the status LED ( which is blinks normally) stops blinking.The ADSL light freezes , leaving me not to accesss the net.
3. Once i restart the modem , only power LED comes. nothing else.:wall::redface:

Only solution as of now is to get connected via bridge mode here is the link how to go about it https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/46431-step-step-procedure-shifting-bridged-mode-dsl502t/

wow! good mr yogi i tried bridge mode it works fine...now.. no problem.....:thumb::dance:

----------

does bridge mode affect the unltd quota... after 00.00 hrs. the billeng ifor MBs d/w is not done . so making the D-Link 502T to work in bridge mode will allow me to use unltd quota know???:confused:

@hatcap :Good to know that you got rid of 'April Problems' & now your surfing experience is much better, thanks to Krish who suggested & outlined the step-by-step procedure for bridged-mode. Thank You Krish once again.I would like to know if you can now login into the DSL-502T homepage ie 192.168.1.1 anytime during your surfing time without any hindrances ? Also, if you can login to MSN messenger ? What about frequent disconnections ?Kindly update.Thanks.

yes i can login to msn messenger, and also access the 192.168.1.1 web page...ut one prob is there in bridge mode. when the line drops , u have to disconnect thro the dialer and then connect it again " by hitting the CONNECT button in the dialer". so if i keep the torrents d/w thru the night and if the line drops then my connection will be lost. at night how can i know bout this i will be sleeping then...:O

@ kris88 one more thing when i tried to make modem work in bridge mode with " No DHCP server" the same april problem persists.. the the lan icon in the task bar also shows " limited connectivity". In bridge mode the net works perfectly when i chose the default DHCP server in th e modem set up page. hey will the problem of "April problem " going to get solved ever... even if i change the router... for g if i buy Iball-Baton for 1200/-:huh:

As far as the bridged mode is concerned, you shouldn't be facing any problems. If an icon says "Limited connectivity" try to check your connection. How far are you from the exchange? and is this the first time you are facing limited connectivity issue?. In Bridged mode, when disabling the DHCP server works perfectly fine. we have tested it and many in the forum such as yogi will let you know. They are not facing any issues. The only issue is "Router page takes a bit of time when tried to open"

Back