Weird problem with digital TV

• Thread starter Thread starter vsanjay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1,321

vsanjay

ISP
BSNL
Yesterday, this Hathway guy came to install his STB as a demo for two days. We live in an apartment, where input TV cable comes in and connects to three other places within the apartment. We've a 29" TV in one room, and a computer with a TVtuner card in another room.He connected the STB to the 29" TV, and everything worked perfectly. After he left, I took the STB and connected it to my TVTuner card. There was a problem. Some channels like MTV, VH1 Zoom etc weren't able to catch proper signal, and "No Signal" appeared often. Wierd part : When I switch on the big 29" TV, I am able to receive those channels which had "No Signal". As soon as I switch the 29" off, its back to "No Signal". Its weird !!:wall:Help me. If there is a solution then I might keep the STB, or else I'll give it back.

Are you changing the STB signal input? Bcoz as you said you have 3 signal points. If you trying another signal point while connecting to TV tuner card, the cable connecting that point may have problem which is causing signal reduction, so some channels may not be decoded by STB & 'No Signal' message is displayed. Hence the cable.if it is occuring on same signal point, then it is a weird problem.

Back