BSNL Bharat Fiber
My Question or Issue rather is I get weird speeds
i have a 100MB plan
in the morning time, my up/down is 100+/150+
in evening 20+/150+
at night 2-5~/150+
midnight 100+/150+

any idea why this occurs
also continuous packet loss, for download.
upload no issues at all.

i tried talking with LCO, we change SFP, he has like like 60-65 customer on Port
it started a month ago and continuing onwards
low speed isn't an issue at all, it's packet loss that kills me... thought changing plans would help but no

any help is appreciated in this matter, can go as far as fixing hardware if i can identify the issue, LCO's OLT is in my reach.

• Can you measure MTR during all the time sets you have shared? A minimum of 500 packets would be nice.
  • Also use a varied range of IPs starting from the ones hosted near you to across multiple locations in India. International is not necessary unless it uses a completely different upstream.
  • The test using directly connected to the modem/router is recommended, with all Firewall rubbish options like ignore ping, tcp-syn. udp flood options disabled.
  • It'd be also helpful, if you can provide a reverse MTR from an external source towards your IP.

Judging from the above scenario, it is high likely the issue is beyond your LCO.

@Lolita_Magnum thanks for res, yea sure I will revert back a detailed report.
currently, on the fly, i can say I changed three routers, default Syrotech, some DBM 1GPort Router, TP-Link XPon
no change, I tried multiple MTUs no change, i tried nordVPN ( which helped in international pings, like if my ping to Europe(Paris) is 200+ with BSNL, with Nord it comes down to <130, and speed increases a bit. ) but packet loss remains the same if originally there's

I'll give a ping plotter report later as it's workday, I hope there's a fix to this, even if it costs a bit?

I might sound pessimistic but,

You have a better bet to change to a different ISP, even if it would cost a bit more, than to troubleshoot somebody else's (BSNL in the case) mess.

Even if the fault is within somewhere of their distribution switch or router (which seems likely in this case), you'd have a nightmare of time getting your case escalated enough before someone would actually care to have a look.

Same sh*t happened to me and lasted a month until I got the number of JTO and told him the scenario. After that they took 2 days to fix. The thing with BSNL cc is that they are there just to pick your calls, thats it.

@Trex how did you get JTO's contact, can I find the same?
@WieldyBinkie I heard about it a lot, seems like that one works, but in my case, I'll go a bit passive, I kinda know condition i guess. . .

I'll see or in a few months I'll get a local connection, it's like 10mbps average 500inr~/- he has a max 100MB cap sadly, on Mikrotik, how much does the lease line cost? is that even a thing for individual
either I spend a lot of money or I settle for less, wish there was a middle ground, open to suggestions...

Lease line usually costs around 4-5K ARC paid MRC per Mb exclusive of taxes.
They also have a OTC, which is around 50%-100% of ARC and a compulsion contract period of 1-2 years.

ARC = Annual Recurring Charges
MRC = Monthly Recurring Charges.
OTC = One Time Charges.

Back