Weird

• Thread starter Thread starter clkkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,022

clkkar

ISP
MTNL
Hey guysRecently I switched over to MTNL & now the the problems have started to begin. Firstly, i am just getting a speed of 220-230kbps with Rs.599 Unlimited 256kbps Plan. I was getting around 300-350kbps with my Airtel's Rs.649 Unlimited 256kbps Plan. There's a wire (normal phone wire) which is coming from the telephone outlet and plugged into the splitter. That might be the problem ? Since the Airtel line was directly plugged into the splitter.The other problem is that the link light on beetel 220BX 1 Modem now turns off automatically and then it turns on itself. The link light blinks for few minutes and then gets turn off once again. This happens 3-4 times. And then it gets back to normal (with all the 4lights lit up). It hapeens like after every 2-3 days. Is this a firmware issue? Or is the modem going bad?I would really appreciate if someone can help me out.Thanks

the speeds you are getting is fine. you can never expect to get full 256kbps because of signal loss in line etc. on airtel, you were plain lucky to get more speeds that you should be getting, otherwise how can you explain getting 350kbps on a 256kbps line?the connection to your spitter to modem is fine.about your disconnections, do you have any other parallel lines in your house? if you do, then your modem will get disconnected every time you lift the phone receiver on the parallel line. for this, you should have a splitter before every parallel phone as well.also, do you get power cuts or voltage fluctuations? voltage fluctuations also cause the modem to restart.also note that MTNL restarts the connection automatically every 6 hours.

Thanks for replying. I guess MTNL sucks big time. I called in yesterday & they told me that yes there's a problem with your connection since it's new. And they'll be sending someone within 24hrs. Let's see what do those guys say.I always used to get good speed & good connectivity with Airtel. That was the best part.Anyways I guess that's the way it's gonna be with Sarkari Babus!

Back