What is your experience with Airtel service???

• Thread starter Thread starter stuffguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 4,853

stuffguy

ISP
Airtel
I am Arun from Chennai..On 27/09/09 one sales executive called me in the morning around 8:30am that if I would be interested in applying for a broadband connection (I think he might have got my number from Airtel site, as I remember I once applied for connection online). I said Yes, I would be interested as I badly needed an internet connection to do an online project which will yield me more income... In the noon the executive came with an engineer to check the feasibility and he said they can easily give the connection in two days and got my money and documents.. in between he called me thrice to confirm that I am in home (I was waiting for him without sleep after coming from night shift)..On 30/09/09 I called up the executive and asked what happened to my application.. he said everything is okay and the technical peoples will come and give the connection same day.. one guy in the noon time came home with some wires.. he did some wiring process inside the house putting more than ten holes inside my room and while leaving he said other peoples will come in the evening to fix the box and they will give the internet connection. I was in the peak of happiness that I am going to get an internet connection..the days went.. Oct 1, 2, 3 (my money was debited from my account), 4, 5, 6, 7... whenever I called the executive he will not pickup the call and he will just send a message, "Sir plz wait, I will call you".. but he will never call.. finally I was fedup and called airtel customer care on 08/10/09 to know my application status.. One guy named Clement picked up the call and he put on hold for me for more than 15mins and finally he assured that the problem will be resolved by 09/10/09 5.30PM. Asusual, there is no response from Airtel again.. On 10/10/2009, I called the customer care again and one girl name shruthika picked up the call and she said that there is some technical problem and they will refund the money if they cant give the connection... I was shocked to get such a reply.. I wantedly continued my night shifts to be at home in the morning time, so that there will not be any problem at the time of giving net connection.. after putting holes and all those wiring process how they can say that it may not be possible to give the connection.. then she transferred the call to a supervisor and he said airtel will refund the money if it is not possible to give the connection and also airtel will compensate for putting the holes inside the house.. my questions..1. What was the engineer doing while he came to check the feasibility??2. How could you debit the money before giving the internet connection??3. In what way you are going to compensate for all my inconvenience caused for believing that I will get the internet connection?? (Worked in night shift where I am getting very less time to sleep, mental pressure)4. Is the sales executive job is to just collect the money and documents??Initially I was in the plan of taking airtel usb internet modem only as I was thinking that my area is not in feasible.. but after speaking with the sales executive he assured it is feasible and asked me to apply a broadband connection.. at this time I would have got atleast the usb internet and started working on the project.. now I dont have broadband connection or the USB internet.. Is this the way Airtel treats a customer?? Peoples, have you faced such kind of problem from Airtel?? how is the customer service??

There Customer Service is one of the best in Broadband.! and am kind of shocked with this kind of service from Airtel, they are generally very good when it comes to connection.

ha ha ha.. but first we need the connection.. I believe in First impression is the best impression.. but it doesn't work out here

There are always some cases..and am not trying to praise Airtel here (Because I havent used there Broadband service), am telling you what I have heard from other people.

Well Airtel's CC is definitely one of the best I've dealt with. Your case seems like a one off. But I would advise you to pursue your case until you get the issue resolved (either you get the connection or a full refund + compensation). Also, I would like to ask you what was the behavior of the CC executives? Did any one of them talk to you rudely or say that nothing can be done to help you?I think you should document your case and talk to senior executive at Airtel. Send them an email, they respond actively to emails. (Sorry, I don't know the email ID for Chennai, you'll have to find that out for yourself).

my experience is that of apathy.

The CC executives were not rude... but they are unsure whether I will get the connection or not.. My complaint is mainly on the Engineer who checked the feasibility and sale executive who never picked up the call to tell the status...Today one person came in the noon and woke me up(disturbed my sleep after the night shift, but its okay if I get the connection).. and said it will take about a week to give the connection.. I lost my project for which I was trying to get the net connection.. but still for browsing and gathering information, I said okay give the connection within this week.. Let me see what is going to happen..If they failed to give the connection, one of my friend said I can move legally with the help of consumer court for a good claim.. do you have any idea on that??

Ok, I can share two sides of the coin.It took my about 2 months to get BSNL broadband installed and the broadband service was pathetic and was actually torturing me. So, I called up Airtel. Within 48 hours they came and installed the wiring, landline and even the internet connection. And now I can finally be at peace as I do not have to guess if today my internet connection will be working or not. It just works.On the other hand, I needed to know when my bill will be generated so I called Airtel's customer support. The guy(Anshuman) told me that he had no idea what my bill date is!!! I asked him about my unbilled amount as it seemed to be too high. He said he can see only what I can see on the airtel site, and can give more details only when the bill is generated!!!After raising my voice and asking for his employee number he perhaps checked with his senior who was finally able to give me my billing cycle dates, after about 20 minutes.

ahh waveking.. even I have a bad experience with BSNL broadband.. their customer service is horrible.. In Airtel case, I might be the unlucky person as most of you have given a positive feedback about Airtel.. but why me?? :(

I think the best thing to do right now is wait and watch what happens. If it all plays out well, everybody's gonna be happy.

Back