What Signal Strength Do you Get on your DISHTV

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,983
I also purchased a INTEX, SKYVIEW LCD Box, which supports resolutions upto 1680x1050 and is specifically for LCD monitors. just for others cost is Rs.1525/- for this LCD TVTUNER, however the normal model is Rs.900/-
why paid extra for LCD tv tuner? Normal one will work. They say it wont work ! But I didnt understand the logic, and got the normal one from Intex for 800RS (now price might have been dropped even low)!

They challenged me saying it wont work in LCD. But it is working as beautiful as it should !

We cant set any resolution for Dishtv i guess... ! My monitor is Viewsonic 17" ! Never had any issue with normal TV Tuner card

there's no difference if you use the VGA out option on TV tuner to connect the LCD monitor, but if you have a monitor which supports DV IN (Digital Video Input), then it can give you hell lot of better quality output. However i don't have a DV IN monitor currently (17" Samsung TFT) so its just a future thing i've got lol. :mad:

i get 60 to 70 percent signal strength.

Is the signal strength important or the quality?

I think that In digital transmission (DTH, STB etc), even if the signal strength is less, the picture is okay. Therefore, I think that, The quality is important for the sharpness and clarity of the picture.

Please confirm whether my understanding is correct or not.

Jay

Jdjain: yes sure, the trick is, if you have it pointed your dist to correct direction and check the signal strength on "home transponder" only then you might not get it working.

Once you get 50 to 60% signal on first transponder, check strenght on other transponder, number 3 and the others below that should also show you signal, if they don't improve with your re-alignment you might not get it working right.

Also he said 9xm(the music channel) gets the least strenght, and would dis-appear first on a bad weather.

hifijay: i think more the signal strenght you have more are the chances your reception would be least affected in strom and thunders, if not rain.

Signal in south is great upto 56db. but in north it's upto 49db. second problem is we have to get two birds in one LNB that are 93.5 and 95E, so i guess they have to think about to send more signal, or dishtv has to show there own DD Chs

Back