When will Excitel start providing 1Gbps/500Mbps/300Mbps etc plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gopalbose0
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 8,466
ISP
excitel
There have been rumors floating around about Excitel launching higher speed plans soon by the local installation guys. Is this true ? They seemed to know the exact date but are keeping shut about it. I for one want an 1Gbps Plan without fup if not then 500Mbps without fup and am waiting for a long time for high speed internet to arrive at my locality and am currently using excitel 100mbps no fup plan.

There is no forum rule against advertising your internet services.

what are you gonna use that 1Gbps or 500 Mbps for if i may ask.
imo a proper 100 Mbps connection is enough for 1 household.

now that high speed internet connections are widely available we should shift our priorities to quality of internet connection.

1Gbps is useless if we're just gonna get that speed on youtube , google , cached content.

I am a gamer with pretty nitch requirements and so is my household with the nitch part. My house holds streams 2~4 4k streams regularly, I for one have been watching 4k tech channels on YouTube for quite some while, with rare 4k uploads as some of my family members work for the media industry. 4k texture packs and games gobble up GBs and doing updates fast is pretty nice. High upload speed equals to free time from work for my family when it arrives on Sundays. Our whole network is 10Gb/s with 80TiB of NAS storage, Cisco switches and have Mesh networking with each AP supporting at least 866Mbps MIMO Wave 2 ac wifi and our residence is quite large so mesh was a requisite as not everything can be wired. We use Excitel FTTH and most major sites deliver full 100 Mbps down/up(we have 1 Gbps Media converter) including google services, Amazon aws, github, Dropbox, windows updates, Netflix using Fast.com, Prime video ( Speed tested using some git hub tool ) etc. These set of requirements means with QOS everyone will have to deal with slow speed even if I only use 50% of the bandwidth and thus 1Gbps will help us tremendously even if we only get 100Mbps to catched content. As you might have noticed we will actually benefit from higher speed. And one quick update according to the main LCO guy Excitel is launching new plans tm, i have nothing more to say (That was quite a lot of typing for a quick forum post).

what are you gonna use that 1Gbps or 500 Mbps for if i may ask.
imo a proper 100 Mbps connection is enough for 1 household.

now that high speed internet connections are widely available we should shift our priorities to quality of internet connection.

1Gbps is useless if we're just gonna get that speed on youtube , google , cached content.

Even Google fiber in USA cannot guarantee 1 Gbps on all sites. It depends on peering and how fast global companies start operating their servers in India. Steam has servers in Chennai, I max out my 200 Mbps line it downloads at 25 MB/s. With explosive data growth we hope global companies open Indian servers. With Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, DigitalOcean having Indian data centers it gonna get better in future.

@gopalbose0 with your usage, definitely 1 Gbps will help you a lot.

if i talk about myself, i am a gamer as well so that packet loss gaming really matters to me which excitel fails to provide.

its good that u have ftth . my local cable operator still provides connection via cat5 cables and when i talk about fiber to home he says that its not possible or will take 20k to install.

i have excitels 75 Mbps plan

when i watch videos that are not on youtube, i get bufferings.

when i try to download 0 day torrents i get no speed even when there are like 10-50 seeders.

they dont provide static ip. we cannot open ports for games , for torrents. i would blame all of this on their poor restricted network.

all of this is random . sometimes i face these issues . sometimes i dont.

we dont have 4k tvs at our hope so 1080p and 75 Mbps does the job for me.

i for one would love if they improve their network quality.

btw tomm is 1st april so any announcement they make, i would take it with a grain of salt. high chances that it would be april fools prank.

4K on anything other than Youtube, highly improbable except Airtel.

After trying a lot of ISP's, I have actually downgraded to 20Mbps..

There are multiple reasons why I think Excitel won't move to 1 Gbps.

Economic/Financial Reasons:

Excitel's banckend is cheap and their team isn't that good in knowledge.
Excitel's plans are cheap because their equipments and infra is cheap, if they put up the 1 Gbps, they need hell loads of financial back and this will make the plans costlier.

Demographics Reasons:

Excitel is popular among gamers, who mostly depends upons the parent's pocket money. 1Gbps means the plan will be somewhere 2-3K. Parents won't pay this much monthly when they pay this for 3-4 months combined.

I am a gamer with pretty nitch requirements and so is my household with the nitch part. My house holds streams 2~4 4k streams regularly, I for one have been watching 4k tech channels on YouTube for quite some while, with rare 4k uploads as some of my family members work for the media industry. 4k texture packs and games gobble up GBs and doing updates fast is pretty nice. High upload speed equals to free time from work for my family when it arrives on Sundays. Our whole network is 10Gb/s with 80TiB of NAS storage, Cisco switches and have Mesh networking with each AP supporting at least 866Mbps MIMO Wave 2 ac wifi and our residence is quite large so mesh was a requisite as not everything can be wired. We use Excitel FTTH and most major sites deliver full 100 Mbps down/up(we have 1 Gbps Media converter) including google services, Amazon aws, github, Dropbox, windows updates, Netflix using Fast.com, Prime video ( Speed tested using some git hub tool ) etc. These set of requirements means with QOS everyone will have to deal with slow speed even if I only use 50% of the bandwidth and thus 1Gbps will help us tremendously even if we only get 100Mbps to catched content. As you might have noticed we will actually benefit from higher speed. And one quick update according to the main LCO guy Excitel is launching new plans tm, i have nothing more to say (That was quite a lot of typing for a quick forum post).
Maybe you should try peplink routers? You'll need multiple connections but I don't think that'd be a problem for you.
SpeedFusion Bandwidth Bonding Technology

Back