• Thread starter Thread starter havoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 1,585

havoc

I got banned!
ISP
Excitel, Vi, Airtel, Jio & BSNL 😉
It's 2022 and we are seeing IPV6 implementation from different providers. Anyone knows when excitel will start providing IPV6? Also what are the challenges they'll face while doing so? Is there any timeline which government has set for telcos & ISPs to provide IPV6? If so what's the timeline?

@philip marlowe seems he was online recently. What's the status of Excitel's IPV6?

I don't think they will do it anytime soon, with recent funding of $11.5 million, they are aiming for expansion into more tier 2 or tier 3 cities. They don't care for existing users. @philip marlowe is an excitel pr here, he visits once or twice a year that too for excitel feedback or getting some idea what actual users think about excitel, not for answering our questions or helping anyone. They can easily implement ip v6 for public ip, but why they will do it for bunch of users. Although they may have grown 200 percent, but as a business entity they want to board as many users as possible right now, so expansion is top most priority right now.

Edit: DOT deadline for implementation of ipv6 by ISPs is December 2022, so u may get ipv6 on dual stack by that time, i still doubt whether they will give static ip with ip v6.

Last edited:
@philip marlowe prove us wrong and answer our questions we have about Excitel. Personally I have many. Can you answer them? As asking anything from support is difficult. You seem very helpful in terms of providing answers as well as passing feedback to your team. Hoping to hear from you soon (please be active here just once a day for few days). Thanks

Last edited:

Back