Which 3G band will be used in India?

formfollowsfunction

Curious Onlooker
ISP
Airtel Turbo 1299 - 512k day/1 meg night unltd
Hi all,

I was planning on having someone pick up a Nexus One for me from the US and on the ordering page I realized they have 2 versions (no SIM Lock) - one which works with T-Mobile 3G networks and other which works with AT&T. When I dug deeper I found that there are usually 2 sets of 3G versions used around the world. Here's what this Google support has to say abt this in this link Using the phone with a SIM card from your mobile service provider : Place an order - Nexus One Help (check out the United States section):

Two versions of the device are currently offered. Both versions support four GSM radio frequencies (850/900/1800/1900), but the supported 3G/UMTS bands will differ depending on the version selected. When ordering, you'll be able to select either of the following devices:

* 3G coverage on networks that use the 850 MHz, 1900 MHz, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on AT&T in the US)
* 3G coverage on networks that use the 900 MHz, AWS, and 2100 MHz frequency bands (recommended for use on T-Mobile in the US)

Now the question is which of the versions above will be supported in India by the likes of Airtel and Vodafone when they roll-out 3G? Depending on that, I would have to order accordingly.

Does anyone have any contacts with technical staff in any of the major service providers?

Thanks

Back