Which connection to go for in iPhone 4 ?

• Thread starter Thread starter GadgetGuru12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,664

GadgetGuru12

Regular
ISP
BSNL Home 1800
Hi..I just got my brand new iPhone 4 Factory unlocked from London Apple Store. :DNow, Im going to my HomeTown from October 14th-October 17th.I need to have the best connection with me on the iPhone , so that I can check emails , etc and also connect to the PC at night to work. Im confused, whether to go for BSNL 3G SIM or AIRTEL EDGE SIM. In my hometown, there are 3G towers, but hardly I get any 3G Signals. So, assume, BSNL EDGE Signals only.So, now Im confused, which one to trust, for iPhone and PC both , BSNL EDGE Speed or AIRTEL EDGE Speed ?Right now, I use Blackberry Internet Service of Airtel on my Blackberry Storm and it runs great on the phone. Never tried it on PC though. Not sure, if BIS is same the Airtel EDGE GPRS service also.ANyways , Im looking fr suggestions, as anything wrong, can make me lose business. :ishock:So, please suggest..

how about vodafone

never buy vodafone lol....they sux big time so do their speeds......airtel is much better nd u wil get higer speeds on it than vodafone...

I use idea connection in my iPhone, and the edge speeds are just OK. At times it goes down as well. I think it will be better if you activate separate connection for iphone data transfer, and keep another one for your calls. :)

well , i want to tell u one thing , if u have ipohne 4 pad , then there is no problem to get 3g signal from bsnl 3g tower if it is near to u or say 1 to 2 KM , anyway use 3G , u know about edge speed , , go for 3G it is very fast , else use ur wifi

Never go with the Vodafone!! Ever! I used Vodafone service for like a year, and that experience was utterly miserable. Abysmal signal, deadly slow speed and quite costly. Choosing Vodafone probably will ruin your experience of using iPhone 4, the most delicate and powerful smartphone ever exist. I am telling ya.

dude are you CRAZY, iphone 4 isnt the most powerful phone, its as good as shit. HTC Evo 4g and motorola Droid X, even samsung Galaxy s beat the crap outta iphone 4.

havent you heard about the reception problems of iphone and the latest, Yet Another iPhone 4 Design Flaw: Glass Problems

and you still call it the best hahaha

Hi..
I just got my brand new iPhone 4 Factory unlocked from London Apple Store. :D

Now, Im going to my HomeTown from October 14th-October 17th.

I need to have the best connection with me on the iPhone , so that I can check emails , etc and also connect to the PC at night to work.

Im confused, whether to go for BSNL 3G SIM or AIRTEL EDGE SIM.

In my hometown, there are 3G towers, but hardly I get any 3G Signals. So, assume, BSNL EDGE Signals only.

So, now Im confused, which one to trust, for iPhone and PC both ,

BSNL EDGE Speed or AIRTEL EDGE Speed ?

Right now, I use Blackberry Internet Service of Airtel on my Blackberry Storm and it runs great on the phone. Never tried it on PC though.
Not sure, if BIS is same the Airtel EDGE GPRS service also.

ANyways , Im looking fr suggestions, as anything wrong, can make me lose business. :ishock:

So, please suggest..

Hey, I am using Airtel Edge on my iphone (original) & iphone 4. Its pretty ok.
Especially mobile optimised sites work decently well.

Currently BSNL is the only operator offering 3G services, but if the 3G doesn't work in your hometown, it is a moot point !

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

dude are you CRAZY, iphone 4 isnt the most powerful phone, its as good as shit. HTC Evo 4g and motorola Droid X, even samsung Galaxy s beat the crap outta iphone 4.

havent you heard about the reception problems of iphone and the latest, Yet Another iPhone 4 Design Flaw: Glass Problems[/ur

and you still call it the best hahaha

l]

Really ? how many of the above phones have you USED/OWN ?
I am using an iphone 4 for quite some time now and let me tell you there is *absolutely* no signal issue, no glass cracking nonsense.

The display is the highest resolution in *ANY* smartphone. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

Why dont you publish some stats about the above phones beating the carp outta the iphone 4?

And finally, the poster already *HAS* the iphone 4, so you are telling him he bought a piece of shit (along with another expected 13 million this quarter since launch ?)

I went for BSNL 3G and Im getting around 1-1.5Mbps always, which is perfect for my emails and apps, while on the go.

Yes i have used nearly all the iPhones from the original model to the iPhone 4.... and let me tell you this hot hotheadedness which enters into some of you obnoxious iphone owners is going to be the death of you ... :| dont you realise... Apple is just using you people as guinea pigs to test their products ...apart from that i dont want to enter a flame war... but just for your information ... you can compare the iphone hardware specs with any good 30k+ mobile phone and i am pretty sure ... all beat the crap out of the iphone in terms of performance... why dont we talk about the battery life.. ?! how much does the iphone battery last?.... 5hours talk time maybe... or less than that ... is what i have seen really often... and what is so great about your iphone which has no proper bluetooth support?.... forget that...talk about the camera... its awesome isn't it? (comparing the clicks to my 8 year old pentax 4mp camera) woohoo THE DEATH GRIP WOW reversed audio buttonscheap glass yellow discolouration in the screencheap camera stops workingno warranty in india i see no reason why anyone who is unless again like you status conscious or obviously too lazy and rich to waste money..want to spend 50k on a peice of shit when you can purchase a better phone like the Galaxy S or the HTC EVO 4G for much less probably half that price.. ?! i'll list some stats of the HTC EVO 4G (these are gonna make you cry) :1. 4.3 inch screen vs iphone 3.5 inch screen 2. 1GB rom vs little or limited memory in apple iphone4 (internal memory is not ROM) 3. Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8650 1 GHz processor vs apple a4 arm processor... 4. HDMI out vs Apple iPhone 4 TV out (composite AV)5. 8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED flash vs apple iphone 4 5 MP, 2592 x 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash6. HTC smart UI vs i dont know what to say..7. Android vs ios4 9. Replaceable battery vs Integrated battery

ok......the very fact that you have got most "facts" wrong shows you have not used the iPhone at the very least.
Your comparison is meaningless as some are incomplete, some are down to personal taste and some are downright nonsense. No chance you are gonna make me cry.

Just for the record Apple sold 14 MILLION iPhones in the last quarter (jul-aug-sep). So apple is making guinea pigs of all of us !
Check apples earnings call.

Battery life - You said you have used the iphone - can you tell what alll you used and how much was the usage ?
I can give PROOF of long battery life.

You want to compare a mobile phone camera with a proper digital camera ? Wow what a way to state an argument.
Compare a MOBILE 5MP camera with another 5MP MOBILE camera, then lets see how good or bad is the iphone camera.

Let me go 1-by-1 through your observations -
Cheap glass - what ???????? Pl. define expensive glass or even cheap glass for that matter. If you mean it breaks when it falls - then yes it is cheap - It is glass after all !

cheap camera stops working - since when ? if yours stopped working return to apple store for free replacement of the phone

reversed buttons - ONE whole phone had that in the millions sold !

Yellow discoloration - FEW phones on LAUNCH DAY had that problem. Which went away after 3-4 days. And as usual apple gives free replacement at no cost, no questions asked.

No warranty in India - Yes. Why should apple provide warranty for products NOT LAUNCHED IN INDIA ? Local warranty is what apple gives. If you dont like that, dont buy the phone. Apple is not forcing anyone.

Lets talk about the HTC EVO 4G - Undoubtedly it must be a good phone. No arguments there. But do you know its only available on SPRINT in US and is a CDMA phone ? And how many 4g networks are there in india ? And : 0

Screen size - Matter of personal taste - Someone may want to buy a Dell Streak with its 7 inch screen - It makes calls too !

2. You dont even know how much RAM the iphone has do you ? (I know the ans). And as an end user why should people worry about that ?

3. You dont know what the A4 chip is either.

4. I dont know.

5. Dont know how the photos look or how good the Sensor is. Could be better.

6. What's so smart about HTC smart UI ? You need an OEM to install an UI because the OS UI is not good enough ?

7. So what ?

8. How does that matter ?

I am not going to state what is better or not better on the iphone.

You can continue to hate apple, I have no problems with that. Neither I am an apple fanboy.

Yes I do own the iphone 4, had the original iphone and happen to love them.

You want to argue, argue based on facts thats all.

Back