Which connection to go for in iPhone 4 ?

• Thread starter Thread starter GadgetGuru12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,664

Again why should an end user have to give geeky commands, compile and upgrade ? Second froyo does not even work on all android devices. Note that these are all (fairly) new devices not ancient devices !Symbian is dead till they can re-invent the OS and re-purpose it for modern touch devices. Not because I or any blog says it, because Nokia is losing ridiculous share of the smartphone market. finally sales numbers are the ultimate proof. Nokia will continue to sell the non-smartphone/intermediate phones which run Symbian 40 or its variants. No arguments there.Anyway. Have argued enough and made my points facts. Finally it is a phone........

Ha . to answer your doubts : " Ok. Pl. check Apple site for the sales figures. The analysts call was yesterday and the figures are there.1. Battery life - 20% bigger battery size translates to a hell lot of usage increase. Way greater than 20%. This is because the CPU is optimized and only sips less power.My typical usage is around 2 hours of browsing, 2 hours of music, at least an hour of games, moderate phone use, moderate sms, push email and still by the EOD I cannot get the battery down to less than 50%. I can easily post usage stats from the phone. 2. You Yourself said sapphire crystal is comparable to aluminosilicate. Secondly on the so called glass gate issue, you quote an article which came in 1 blog and completely unsubstantiated. No facts, figures, examples. Just speculation. Pure FUD.3. Camera shutter problems - Why quote from Nexus One blogs ? Obviously these are going to be biased.Can you quote % nos ? Why are you equating manufacturing defects with the product ? Also on launch day and for some time around that there were devices with problems. You think apple does not fix defects ? Do other manufacturers make 100% manufacturing defect free products ? No body ever has any problems with their devices and hence no returns ? Check the date of the articles.4. 1 year local warranty. They simply replace the phone with a new one.5. ROM - Why do you or anyone care about ROM. It is read only memory and used only by the phone. What is your point here ?6. So what ? Snapdragon itself is based on ARM cortex v7 architecture. Big deal. A4 is licensed from ARM and then improved by apple. Samsung does the same, fyi.7. Cant comment without looking at the evo 4g which is only on sprint.8. Again why does a OEM need to add a skin ? 9. I dont know, because I have not tried it so cant comment. No point in just googling for something.10. Never mattered to me personally or all the people that I know. Even when I had other phones with removable battery. Never had a buy a new or a 2nd battery. Dont feel the need now.So in the end what you are saying that the evo is a better phone than iPhone. could be ! Havent seen it, not interested in CDMA, never been to America so no chance of seeing it.Or that there arent any other good (android) phones in the market ? Of course there are. Is the Droid X a bad phone ? Of course not. whatever I have read is good. But too big for my liking. 4.3 inch screen not my taste.havent seen it. Only available in US.My point is don't spread FUD. There are some features that others phones have. And vice versa. Some features on the iphone which are outstanding, some which the others dont have. etc etc. Finally the complete package is what appeals to buyers and the iphone happens to be way up there (14 million this quarter and counting). App store is brilliant. Android marketplace is still not mature. Will get there 1 day, but not currently.Latest android OS does not run on all android phones. That is a killer when all models are current models and cant run the OS.In the end I bought the phone I like, you will buy the phone that you like. Thats it. " 1st. The DEBATE here is not about your personal preference, i am not discrediting the i-phone because i hate apple. We are having a discussion for deciding which is a better product when we compare some facts / specs . 2nd. Yes aluminosilicate glass is not COMPARABLE to sapphire crystal , but it is neither as weak as a water bubble (if you get what i am trying to say here)3rd. I am going to quote information from a reliable source. Everything in this world can be changed with some green notes. Game ratings can go from 5-10 and so on, the point i am making here is so what if it is a nexus one blog? they are only posting the truth. And if apple does not find that "TRUE" they can always use the word "SUE".4th. This maybe for the i-phone's bought in india, but what about the ones which are shipped from outside? and afaik apple does not provide warranty for products not launched here. 5th. YES SEE - THE REASON why i was saying use "google". The ROM in a phone has a very big role to play. All the applications running in the background process and the phone os are stored and operated from the ROM.6th. Big-Deal can make a lot of difference in performance. I know samsung does the same. FYI samsung is a very big electronic component manufacturer. Their design and technology is a decade ahead of apple. 7th. OEM has added a skin to make the UI much more friendly. There is no way on the Ios that you can add a APP to make the UI more friendly , efficient and usable .8th. All i am saying is next time you buy a product please FFS please search about it before buying . 9th. App store is brilliant agreed, but then again its the apps that makes the i-phone and the os that makes the android. I am sick of arguing with you over this issue, i just wanted to give my 2 cents on why apple i-phone 4 is a rip-off for many and there are better phones there. You can defend apple all th way until you feel free to vomit, but the fact remains apple uses people as guinea pigs to test their products, and there are much better products for that price. Other manufacturers do not make 100% defect free products but their number of defective products is also very low.

I am sick of arguing with you too ! You cannot substantiate anything with FACTS. Get some FACTS, nos, stats etc on the table and then we can argue. Otherwise sorry, random statements mean nothing.

All you claim is that there are millions of people who are in essence fools because they happen to like a phone which you do not like or at the very least is a rip off and that there are other phones available which are (supposedly) superior. To support your argument you took a phone which runs only on Sprint, on a network which exists in only select cities in US. You cannot prove what its battery life is like. You compare a 5 MP camera with a 8MP camera etc. You quote about manufacturing defects, but cannot tell what % of total phones are affected. You claim other manufacturers have fewer defects, but no numbers or comparison for "fewer". So what sort of arguments are these.

And dont you even dare assume that I did not research anything before buying the phone. Of course in your eyes that makes me a double fool as I researched and still bought the phone. So be it.

1st. The DEBATE here is not about your personal preference, i am not discrediting the i-phone because i hate Apple. We are having a discussion for deciding which is a better product when we compare some facts / specs .
2nd. Yes aluminosilicate glass is not COMPARABLE to sapphire crystal , but it is neither as weak as a water bubble (if you get what i am trying to say here)
3rd. I am going to quote information from a reliable source. Everything in this world can be changed with some green notes. Game ratings can go from 5-10 and so on, the point i am making here is so what if it is a nexus one blog? they are only posting the truth. And if apple does not find that "TRUE" they can always use the word "SUE".
4th. This maybe for the i-phone's bought in india, but what about the ones which are shipped from outside? and afaik apple does not provide warranty for products not launched here.
5th. YES SEE - THE REASON why i was saying use "google". The ROM in a phone has a very big role to play. All the applications running in the background process and the phone os are stored and operated from the ROM.
6th. Big-Deal can make a lot of difference in performance. I know samsung does the same. FYI samsung is a very big electronic component manufacturer. Their design and technology is a decade ahead of apple.
7th. OEM has added a skin to make the UI much more friendly. There is no way on the Ios that you can add a APP to make the UI more friendly , efficient and usable .
8th. All i am saying is next time you buy a product please FFS please search about it before buying .
9th. App store is brilliant agreed, but then again its the apps that makes the i-phone and the os that makes the android.

I am sick of arguing with you over this issue, i just wanted to give my 2 cents on why apple i-phone 4 is a rip-off for many and there are better phones there.
You can defend apple all th way until you feel free to vomit, but the fact remains apple uses people as guinea pigs to test their products, and there are much better products for that price.

Other manufacturers do not make 100% defect free products but their number of defective products is also very low.

First of all i own Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy Tab, iPhone 4.

You are talking about iphone 4 warranty in india, well even nexus one or nexus s does not gets warranty in india as they are not launched in india so company does not gives warranty

Samsung they do develop good products but their after sales support is crap, they are not giving out android updates for their android phones, till now samsung has officially just provided one update for all their phones that they have launched, same applies to all other android phones except for the Developer android phones sold by google (again you don't get advantage of warranty for those phones in India as they are not launched in india N1 and nexus s), i've see samsung phones still running eclair or earlier versions of android though now gingerbread is out, whereas with iphone they give out updates every now and then, even the original iphone is still getting updates now that's called after sales support and it's provided by apple.

I like android phones as well as iphone, both have their pros and cons, if you want updates and if you are not a tech geek go for iphone, if you are tech geek and want updates go for android, if you are not a tech geek and can be happy with some old version of android OS then too go for android based phones.

Cheers

ok here is what i would say.

Apple does not provide any updates for the original iPhone.

they do provide iOS 4 for iphone 3g but a lot of new features are not being provided (wallpaper support? multi-tasking?).

google provide faster updates for the nexus series. samsung has released android 2.2 for Galaxy s from what i know and 2.3 would be released for it eventually.

Apple iPhone 4? not launched in officially india. phones bought from other sources? unlikely to get support from apple in india. though legally purchased phones that are not jailbroken might still be able to get serviced in india considering apple warranties are generally global in nature. but even then iphone 4 is unlikely to be supported here in india.

as for nexus one and nexus s. i believe you can still get paid support from htc and samsung service centers. considering these phones are pretty similar in nature to other devices made by these two companies.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

also... as for updates. majority of owners of iPhones in india are running jailbreak editions. and a lot of these users (who are not techies) are generally not likely to update to latest ios versions because they lose their jailbreak. i know people who are still on iOS3 because their phones are working fine and they do not want to risk upgrading to iOS 4 and losing the jailbreak ability.

Undoubtely .... Apple iPhone 4 is the best phone we hv on earth in terms of functionality/hardware (minus the price factor)... if u exclude the price parameter in every comparison iphone 4 will come out as a winner.... n no ques of comparison with htc evo as it only support cdma network and is on sprint nextel .... if need to compare it, jus compare it with other gsm phones

Not for any Arguments. I have been a phone geek for 10 years now. I am using phones like iPhone 4, blackberry torch , HTC desire HD, Samsung Galaxy S. To be frank . nothing can beat iphone in its speed, touch, quality, luxury, camera. ect. You wont feel difference when you just use all phones a see for a short while. But when you are a regular user you will feel the difference. You cannot compare blackberry and iphone. Both have a different stand. All other phones are trying to compete with iphone and blackberry. iPhones apps are touch of perfection. I feel soo good to use facebook, twitter, skype etc. in iphone than my PC. lol. :-P Using wifi in iphone is soo simple and mind blowing. I was a Nokia fan years back and used to think iphone a mere waste of money. But now I feel , i cannot live without an iphone. Guys. its worth. !!!

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

ok here is what i would say.

Apple does not provide any updates for the original iphone.

they do provide iOS 4 for iphone 3g but a lot of new features are not being provided (wallpaper support? multi-tasking?).

google provide faster updates for the nexus series. samsung has released android 2.2 for galaxy s from what i know and 2.3 would be released for it eventually.

Apple iPhone 4? not launched in officially india. phones bought from other sources? unlikely to get support from apple in india. though legally purchased phones that are not jailbroken might still be able to get serviced in india considering apple warranties are generally global in nature. but even then iphone 4 is unlikely to be supported here in india.

as for nexus one and nexus s. i believe you can still get paid support from htc and samsung service centers. considering these phones are pretty similar in nature to other devices made by these two companies.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

also... as for updates. majority of owners of iphones in india are running jailbreak editions. and a lot of these users (who are not techies) are generally not likely to update to latest ios versions because they lose their jailbreak. i know people who are still on iOS3 because their phones are working fine and they do not want to risk upgrading to iOS 4 and losing the jailbreak ability.

You can update without losing your jailbreak.

Back