Which is best car in 'Small Car' segment'?

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,798

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
I am looking to buy 1st car after some months and started looking for information on cars (so far I am complete novice about cars), so I would like views of IBF members.I am looking for spacious car, fuel efficient, good after-sales service (in Pune), pricing around Rs 4 Lacs.I have read about cars from Maruti-Suzuki, Hyundai Santro and Tata's Indica.So far I feel Indica Visat looks promising, but has anybody tried/used it?Any info on other brands/models? Please help

stay away from tata cars. maruti and hyundai are both reliable options. i would personally suggest swift lxi but that is not really fuel efficient and a new model would come next year. Personally i would tell you to go for Santro. Ritz and A-Star are also good purchases if you can live with their styling. Both have great average for the petrol engine. I am not a fan of i10. i20 is way expensive. chevrolet spark is another model. stay away from that too.

Thanks Admin :urock:So no TATA car that means...I should then think about Maruti (Suzuki).I was looking for Indian brands like TATA & Maruti (?) as I am under impression that spare-parts for Indian vehicles are easily available compared to foreign brands. Although Santro has good review too, so now search narrowed between Maruti & Hyundai/Santro.

yeap. the worst thing about owning a fiat linea is the tata service stations... the guys at the station in gurgaon are super duper lazy. i have to go to the station at 9:30 for the first service and i am terrified. i have been to that place 6 times and the car is yet to be serviced once!

i spent around 5 hours struggling to get my linea fixed at the tata showroom in gurgaon. i could easily see the lack of quality in the tata branded cars. even the new editions of vista... they have just launched the sedan with almost all the features of my linea top end model. and it is cheaper by 2 freaking lakhs. the fiat tata deal is a disaster for fiat owners coz tata guys get the same shit for much less. and both have to deal with the same service center.so well my advice is remain away from tata and fiat cars. with nano set to become more popular on the roads, you would deal with much more than just taxi drivers for servicing.

I visited a tata dealership and they let me test drive a brand new car which was to be delivered to a customer coz the TD car had some problem and they didnt have a replacement..this incident changed my attitude towards tata/fiat..i went in for Hyundai ultimately..so avoiding Tata is sane advice

Back