Which is the best audio system?

• Thread starter Thread starter designwebgraphic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 21,255
D

designwebgraphic

Hello,
I am planning to buy an audio music system (let me be clear - i do not want to buy a home theatre).

I looked for many options in the market
Sony, Philips, LG, Samsung

I liked 2 of them:
MHC-GZR5D : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India
and
Philips - DVD Mini Hi-Fi System FWD185/94 - Mini systems - Audio products - Sound and vision

Please suggest me to solve my following doubts:

[1] Which is better out of those two?
[2] Which brand is more reliable and sound efficient - Sony or Philips (in AUDIO systems)
[3] Any other brand apart from Sony or Philips that i can go with? If so, please provide me a link to look at their site.

I strictly do not want to go with LG or Samsung (i only checked their stores just to see what they have and what do they offer). I dont know if Kenwood sells such home audio systems any more or not. Please suggest me if you have any better audio systems in your mind or if you know.

Thanks.

Hello guys,I would like to have your opinions on my above message. Please tell me your views. Thanks.

I would always go with Sony, Just for the simple reason that they are in audio systems from more days comparing to other companies.. and the output quality of there audio systems is just awesome.. I have a SONY Music system from last 4 years and trust me, Till today there is no problem..Am planning to buy a new one this dilwali.. bcoz it cant play DVD :S

What is your intention? Is the hi-fi system a replacement - I mean, do you already have cassette deck/acd-vcd-dvd player which will be replaced by the new unit? The reason I ask is - I had a similar dilemma - assorted equipment. Now I have only a DVD player (Sony), Iriver 20GB mp3 player and a set of good speakers (Audio engine AE5 book shelf speakers). I convert all audio files to mp3/wave and play through mp3. I also have a Philips cassete ripper which converts tapes to mp3. In fact I am looking for an affordable media centre with wireless connectivity.I know I have not answered your question; but just sharing my thoughts.

Thanks guys for helping me out.

To answer "tech_enthu" - No, i am not replacing any such things. I had some 15 yrs older 2 cassette player (i bought when i was in 10th std) but i gave it to my dad to use it at his office. So i have no other systems to replace with newer one. I am gonna buy a fresh new device itself.

The one i shown in my first post (with Sony link) has everything - DVD, USB (play and fm recording), Cassette deck as well. The only thing it doesnt support DivX but i checked with my dvds and almost most of the dvds work with it (which i usually buy) so i dont have prob with it and after all, my DVD player is already compatible with DivX so its all fine. Price is also very competitive - dealer said final price as 11, 500 (and i demanded tv out cable so that i can take out tv voice into this system RC-Jack and also demanded at least 1 complimentry dvd). So that seems to be good to me now.

(i also heard Philips but after hearing sony systems, i hate what i heard the sound from philips - its just a crap)

So, shall i buy this one? MHC-GZR5D : Mini Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

Or shall i wait till next upcoming festival for some more offers and more updated systems in future?

Earlier I was planning to buy a new system (exchanging with my old one) and I liked the model which u have chosen.. Probably I’ll also buy the same one.. I was earlier planning to buy in Diwali but now I’ll buy it in Ugadi (Kannadiga new year) in March.. That time in bangalore there are offers everywhere…

ok, the only thing i am worried about is that 3 disc tray. i heard that it is not so reliable through years and years!!! is it correct?

So, what to do now? Is it just a minor thing that we can ignore? (because most of the Sony audio systems have 3 disc trays and others are too high in price)

Lemme ask my frnd who has a Sony Player with 3 disc changer.. wil keep u posted !

Back