Which modem to buy?

pranjalbaruah

ISP
BSNL
I'm planning to purchase a modem supporting HSPA+ technology.After going through certain reviews I think Huawei UMG1831 & Huawei E182E are best options.Please suggest which among these two will be the best option.Please do suggest any other models if any available supporting the HSPA+ technology.

Hey, you must not go for UMG1831. It has serious heating issue, and has been discontinued by Huawei. Even I'm using it, and suffering!The best option would be Huawei K4505. The advantage is, it can be even upgraded to 28.8Mbps, and no heating problem at all.The least price on/off net is Rs.2950, I can provide it for Rs.2700. I'm the reseller of Huawei in my state.If you are interested, reply here.

Guys plz help me out, i had purchased Huawei E303C from Flipkart 2 days backbut i'am facing heating problem within 3 minutes on 3G usage while no heating while in 2G i have complained it to flipkart & they will be replacing it, plz suggest me gud 7.2 mbps modem with good build quality and no heating issues in 2k

Thank you for your prompt response.From certain post here & elsewhere I think UMG1831 is one of the best modems in its category.Although issues relating to heating has been posted in this forum earlier also but some members has responded to it in negative.Still it"ll be helpful if you could throw some light on the E183E modem which I suppose is a latest modem from Huawei.

If you are looking for just a plain modem (no telephone) I'd suggest you check out a Motorola 6121 or Zoom 5341-J either one is about $80. When you get your new modem just hook it up and call Comcast, they will activate it for you.

Hi, I am planned to buy a 3G data card. I have no idea about it. Which is better to buy?? If I buy a reliance or tata photon data card then Can I able to move to other network with data card ?? Is it possible?? Please advice. I am living in Chennai

Hi,
I am planned to buy a 3G data card. I have no idea about it. Which is better to buy?? If I buy a reliance or tata photon data card then Can I able to move to other network with data card ?? Is it possible?? Please advice. I am living in Chennai

If you purchase any CDMA/EVDO base data card from directly company. It's impossible to move to other network.

Back