Which Wireless Router does MTNL provide?

• Thread starter Thread starter nimbuz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 13,909
which wireless modem do they provide in delhi, called them but say do not know
i am interested in knowing whether its 54 mbps or 11 mbps..
bsnl provides 11 mbps wifi router in chandigarh

anyone who has the wifi modem in delhi or mumbai..let us now

ok some cc helped me out ..they give TKD-318-EUI wifi access point ..and told me that i need to have a wifi card installed on the desltop ..it has 4 ports max..also they have no idea about wifi speed of the router..
and seems there are issues with vista and tkd ..some google results suggest so though not sure..

for me 4 ports is ok but i will like to connect desktop via ethernet port and the laptop via wifi..
only option left is i buy a wifi router and add it to my setup with the mtnl adsl modem,,that will give me lan sharing options at better speeds..

well, whatever modem it is( weather its 54 or 11 mbps) doesnt make any difference coz maximum speed u r gonna get is 2mbps

well, whatever modem it is( weather its 54 or 11 mbps) doesnt make any difference coz maximum speed u r gonna get is 2mbps

54 mbps provides the option of sharing HD on lan..not sure if 11 mbps will do the job

members/torrentbhai/

TKD-318-EUI
Does not appear to be a WIFI router. Check again before buying it.

KASDA KD318EUI combo ADSL2&2+ Modem uses Broadcom Chipset solution that fully complies with ANSI T1.413 Issue 2, ITU-T G. 992.1 (G. Dmt) and G. 992.2 (G. Lite) ADSL standard. It also supports the latest ADSL technology ASDL2 & ADSL2+.

Two computers can simultaneously connect to the KD318EUI either via its USB, Ethernet, or both ports to share its high-speed Internet access. You can connect to its Ethernet port regardless of the operating system you are using, or connect to its USB port to allow easy installation to a USB equipped computer.

http://delhi.mtnl.net.in/services/ConfigurationGuide.doc

T-KD 318-EUI). (Current Firmware Version : R1.00B02.3AS.BL). 1. IP addresses of CPE: a) On Ethernet Port: 192.168.1.1. b) On USB Port : 192.168.1.2 ...
delhi.mtnl.net.in/services/ConfigurationGuide.doc

@essbebedude do you sell routers or what.....you seem to know about every god damn router in the market :):) ...... good to have you around...

"Access Point" w00t!So I have to keep my existing DSL 502-T Modem/Router (Rs.80/m) + Access Point (Rs.100/m)? Dang, No! :-(

i am still confused what wifi router they provide..when i called they said tkd and to add a wifi lan card to desktop..and people say different thing..confused anyone actually using the wifi router from mtnl new delhi here..?

@king Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd.. Delhi
Technical Details
dude do you sell routers or what..
So long Google ( including translation from Russian/Chinese/Spanish/ etc ) Yahoo Answers search machines are available,
we can get details of any modem with user manual firmware etc. .
Also MTNL Delhi/Mumbai Tataindicom/BSNL list some modems in their web sites. . I usually save the link/s in my Bookmarks folder.

Once I wrote to an Indian company and they forwarded the user manual by Email to me because it was not available even after searching in the web . ! ( for forum use i don't have the modem !)
Try it. Usually the first 10 link/s will give you what you want.

Okay, I received the modem today. Its "T-KD 318-EW", specially built for MTNL. Maybe its UT Starcom, not sure though.Has only ONE NIC (Lan) port.Update: I'm getting VERY low speeds (190kbps). Can someone help me setup this router?Thanks

Back