why i am not getting full download speed

ISP
BSNL
i have bought airtel 128kbps broadband internet why am i not getting the speed 128kbps i have very slow downloads at minimum15kbps and maximum at 90kbps not more than that how to get full download speed it is related with firewall or other things

no, firewall has nothing to do with speeds. Well, you can check if there is background program running which may be downloading stuff or may be updating itself.according to me you should call those airtel guys. let them apply their brain. why you should waste your time. just call cc.

you are getting the right speed.128 divided by 8 is equal to 16 .U are getting the best possible speed but how can u reach 90 still remains strange lol

Well since the connection is 128kbps, you will get 16KB/s download speed which is what you are getting. And, there's no chance of getting 90KB/s...that's maybe your download manager fluctuating.

you are getting the right speed.128 divided by 8 is equal to 16 .U are getting the best possible speed but how can u reach 90 still remains strange lol
no i am getting average download speed of 75kbps only sometimes it goes to 16kbps and i was asking how to get full 128kbps and anyways i have got many time speed to 85 but never 90

no i am getting average download speed of 75kbps only sometimes it goes to 16kbps and i was asking how to get full 128kbps and anyways i have got many time speed to 85 but never 90

Since Airtel does not have 128kbit/s plans anymore, I would suspect that if you're getting 75 to 85kbyte/s download speed then you have a 1mbit/s connection: which plan do you have and in which circle are you?

yes i am having a 128kbps plan and it is present in jabalpur madhya pradesh and i only pay rs 600 a month why would anyone give speed of 1mbps @ rs 600 it is 128 kbps and i am damn sure

yes i am having a 128kbps plan and it is present in jabalpur madhya pradesh and i only pay rs 600 a month why would anyone give speed of 1mbps @ rs 600 it is 128 kbps and i am damn sure

Airtel's revised plans suggest a minimum of 512kbit/s for the first few GB (up to 64kbyte/s). Once that amount is finished, then getting 16kbyte/s download speed is all you should get on that plan. If you're getting more than that, then congratulations.

i am getting at least 75kbps proof is here
https://www.speedtest.net

Speedtest isn't proof. Speedtest can be manipulated.

Take a screenshot of some HTTP download from a public server.

Otherwise if you are certain you're on a 128kbit/s plan, then my suspicion remains that you're speed has been boosted to at least 512kbit/s for the first few GBs in accordance with Airtel's new plans which were announceced in March and began happening in June or July.

Back