why i am not getting full download speed

ur upload speed is also different normally its around 48kbps for airtel

i have downloaded hundreds of GB till now and don't believe me i am getting this much speed by giving only 600

Officially speaking, Airtel did upgrade speeds of all plans (including everyone on 64, 128, 256, 384) to a minimum of 512kbit/s, the idea being that they would receive 512kbit/s for the first few GB and then the speed would drop back to either the original plan speed or 256k (depending on which version of the literature you believe), so my suggestion is that Airtel's billing software isn't keeping tabs on you or something. Which is great, I like beating the system ;)

But 512kbit/s unlimited for Rs600 is nothing special - Airtel doesn't have such a plan in it's current lineup but then it also has a lot of unadvertised plans, such as those from the retention department so... good for you :)

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Also just want to clarify: you realize that if your plan is 128kbit/s, speedtest.net would give a result of 0.13Mb/s, and not 0.60Mb/s?

Dude 128 kbps != Broadband. Actually even 1mbps != broadband. It should be atleast 2 mbps

As nice as that would be, that's not the "definition of broadband" even in most of Europe.

If that definition was raised from 256kbit/s to 2mbit/s today, when push came to shove, I expect that most Broadband companies would simply stop advertising their plans as Broadband and change to "Internet Access" or something.

End of the day, it's just a word.

Back