Wifi not working

• Thread starter Thread starter ashishkum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,527

ashishkum

ISP
HFCL Connect
hii all i have bsnl data one wa3002g4 modem. although the internet works perfectly well on lan. but when i try to connect through the wifi. after dialing it shows 691 ( user and password not recognized) error. i cant understand coz it works fine on lan ( on the same laptop) i hav vista on the laptop i am using to connect the wifiplease help if anybody knows the solutionthanks

Chennai Telephones- Changing password in DataOne Pre-configured modem
chennai.bsnl.co.in/BBS/WA3002G4.htm

New Page 1

mp.bsnl.co.in/bb/wa3002g4/wa3002g4.htm

thanks already tried that but not workin'

Disable IPV6 in TCP/IP properties.What is the error message in Network/wireless network ? Any other WIFI secured/unsecured appear ?Start/All programs/Accessories/communications/wirelessNetwork Wizard. ( for XP pro. do not have Vista)

no i connect only via laptop, and i my college the wifi works perfectly on laptop.ipconfig outputwireless lan adaptar wireless network connectionconnection specific dns suffix: emptylink local ipv6 address :fe80:xxxxx......auto configration ipv4 address:169.254.139.247subnet mask:255.255.255.0default gateway.emptythis is the output after i connected via wifi...thanks

1.the internet works perfectly well on lan.
Post Ipconfig/all for LANport connection.

i connect only via laptop, and i my college the wifi works perfectly on laptop.

For home use: Modem/router: WAG3002-g4. VISTA

Start/Network/Show all connections
Wireless Network .
What details you get.? in College and at home ?

Disable IPV6.
enter and test.
Error:
169.254.139.247 - - - 0
0 - -
Net Speed ISP Domain
- PRIVATE IP ADDRESS LAN

REF: Post No.2.

your output shows that you arent getting an ip.. so try static ip as mentioned by essbebe.. under control panel->network connection->wireless are connection properties->tcp/ip v4 properties

your output shows that you arent getting an ip.. so try static ip as mentioned by essbebe.. under control panel->network connection->wireless are connection properties->tcp/ip v4 properties

i already tried changin the ip of the wifi connection. i changed it to ip as mentioned by essbebe. i got the correct output in ipconfig. that is the ip and default gateway i mentioned in the wifi settings. but still i am not able to dial

about the names of the network i get the name which i set in the router. and in college i get the name of the network which is set by the college network administrator( but in college the internet doesnot work if i give manual ip, although i am able to connect to the wifi network of the clge)

thanks.

Back