Wifi on Reliance Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter ornelansmend
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 28,947
Status
Not open for further replies.
@raj for 8000 bucks u will get ADSL wifi router... n for 6k approx. u will get a plain wifi router only dats d difference.. i hav confirmed dat in my local market here in lucknow...

huh....here is the product for Rs.5836/-. Part # F7D4301zb. Asus available for Rs.3000/-
Belkin PLAYMAX Router - www.deltapage.com

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Some of the reviews caught on amazon.com about ASUS RT-N13U

Amazon.com: ASUS RT-N13U Wireless-N Router, Access Point, and Repeater: Electronics

"OK, so far, so good, then I want to make the Download Master feature work downloading torrents files, then the problems starts. First, I downloaded the updated Dowmload Master Program from the ASUS website, I installed but when the program tried to connect with the usb at the router, it failed, I try many times, the next day by reading and reading forums at ASUS and others websites I saw the solution. At the router administration you have to turn off the Download Master option and then, after a reboot, turn it on again, then it work. The download master is not the best bit torrent client, it take so long to download something that in the PC can take 3 times less, but the thing is you're saving energy and your computer wear by leaving the router do the download job, about this, I think maybe the router save bandwidth when the computers are connected but right now I can't assure that because I still don't have a massive drive connected to the router downloading things."

"First I tried to set it up as a file server. It simply would not recognize my WD external drive that works perfectly in every other context. After several frustrating emails and calls to Asus tech support, they finally told me that only EXT2 and FAT16 devices are supported. If you assume that everyone lives in a Linux world, this might be a reasonable choice. But in the real world, a lot of people are going to want to use FAT32 or NTFS. So, as a file server, relatively useless."

"If you are considering getting this router for the usb access keep in mind it is only for ftp access for hardrives. Outside of that, its a decent router. It has some good features like being able to change it from a repeater to a router. Easy setup if you don't know what you are doing. I like it but I was very disappointed with the ftp only for external drives."

@raj for 8000 bucks u will get ADSL wifi router... n for 6k approx. u will get a plain wifi router only dats d difference..
i hav confirmed dat in my local market here in lucknow...

The Asus model is the most affordable one there is a model from Buffalo but again it is going to be very expensive.

Raj again regarding Amazon reviews if a product get 4 stars its is more than good, not everyone in the world will like any product just aware of the fact. Also there will be some minor adjustments that you would need to make for downloading the torrents but again its a great feature that is offered by a router, if you need more robust options for offline downloading of torrents or files with your PC switched off then a NAS would be a good choice but again with that setup you are looking at 10 - 15k of investment, so according to me the ASUS router offers a good bang for the buck.

I actually was trying to purchase a NAS I liked this model Amazon.com: D-Link DNS-323 2-Bay Network Attached Storage Enclosure: Electronics as it has all the features like DLNA server, itunes server, bit-torrent downloads, backup software etc but again at around 12-13k just for the NAS box add to that the extra cost of 2 HDD it starts getting expensive.

@ranjitbhar
thanks for the info...now comes the million$?
Whether RT-N13U supports Reliance login page while downloading torrents with PC off. Don't tell buy it to experience it....lol

@raj2007 as i hav applied for Reliance BB connection.. w8ing for those guys to give me connection n den i will kik off airtel from my house...after dat i'll purchase d Asus RT-N13U then i will let you know weather it supports it or not ..... :P

@raj2007 as i hav applied for Reliance BB connection.. w8ing for those guys to give me connection n den i will kik off airtel from my house...
after dat i'll purchase d Asus RT-N13U then i will let you know weather it supports it or not ..... :P
haha...that's the spirit..go india go...

@ranjitbhar I need answers for the following ?....1) Does RT-N13U supports Reliance login page while downloading torrents with PC off ?2) Did u test your wi-fi router connectivity by switching off the primary PC?3) Will static IP option eliminate(like Airtel,BSNL) the login page?4) Which one should be powerful for better connectivity? Wi-Fi Router or Wi-Fi adapter(USB)?5) Is DATA transfer possible between the 2 PC's?

Raj to answer your questions I do not own the Asus RT-N13U router but will try to answer your questions1) You should be able to download even when your PC is off, but you would need to login to the reliance login page via your PC remeber the session works for 24 hrs so you should be able to download torrents vi the router in that time period.2) I dont have this router so cannot answer3) It should but I cannot confirm as I did not opt for a static IP, ask customer care.4) Raj these 2 are seperate let me explain first is the WiFi router for transmitting the wifi signal and you need to WiFi dongle to catch that signal (if you own a laptop you do not need this as most laptops have a built in in wifi adapater)5) Yes data transfer is possible between all pc / devices connected between you network (Wired or on Wifi)

thx for the reply...2nd question is related to your wi-fi router,not the ASUS4th question is that can i manage with a better USB adapter if the wi-fi router has weak signal

thx for the reply...
2nd question is related to your wi-fi router,not the Asus
4th question is that can i manage with a better USB adapter if the wi-fi router has weak signal

if so yes for the second question, most of the time my primary machine the iMac from which I logon is on standby (off mode) and I use the net mostly on my laptop / iPad using the WiFi.

For the 4th question again yes, I read the review about the ASUS Wifi router and the review says that the Wifi signal from the router is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back