wimax tata indicom broadband is a nuisance!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter sumax
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,611
Status
Not open for further replies.

sumax

ISP
tata indicom broadband
iam using tata indicom broadband for about 2 years now but the intro of wimax is a pain.i use my 384kbps connection which gives 42kbps speed in my normal dap mozilla download and torrent. but now when tata has compulsorly put the wimax iam getting the 42kbps speed in dap and mozilla download but the torrent download does not give me above 20kbps. to be noted in my wire/cable connection a single torrent used to give me my max download i.e. 42kbps download but now i have to put around five torrents just 2 acheive a good torrent speed download to be noted never 42kbps.i never ever get a stable torrent download in my wimax i wanted to know the problem.i have used utorrent,bittorrent and bitcomet but no use speed never goes up.i use tatta indicom from motibagh newdelhi i have 2 options tata or mtnl.i seriously want 2 change my connection because iam a huge movie download freak i cant download movies at less than 20kbps. so what u guyz think is the problem and how is mtnl in delhi. right now getting a torrent download speed of 16kbps wtf man.

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

I recently got a Tata wimax and the experience is no less then being in hell.
Starting with broken connections from day one, to being without internet for days, fanatic phone calls, parallel internet connection from another internet service provider since I could not count on Tata. These people have inferior/buggy technology, and very de-moralized team.

My Internet connectivity is down once a day for some time ranging from 30 min to 3 hrs .. and twice a week i find myself raising complaints.

My latest issue is I can not send emails with larger contents (say about 100 lines of text), or with attached of 50kb, and FTP also does not work! I raised this issue with tata on uesday, 24, March, 2009 5:30 PM and till date i.e. 03 Apr 2009 this has not been resolved.

I just wanted to know how i can sue them for the mental agoney and lose.

btw, they even did not give me the free printer on 4 months advance rental for internet.. its going be 2 months since i got the connection. And yes ad says free PC secure.. its only for 30 days .. as good as a 30 free trial from most popluar software vendors.

I thing the sarkari service (MTNL) would be far better. Now I have a fight ahead for a refund of my money.

no use on the refund i have put a 3-384kbps connection on 21st march so i have to cope with it till june 21th.i talked 2 the tata broadband wimax is compulsory and we wont get a REFUND on prepaid connection so deal with this crappy speed dude!!!!!!!!!!!:madness::madness::madness::madness::madness:.just now speed not more than 20kbps my friend has the wimax tower on the roof and he is getting less than 20kbps speed .P.S. NEVER EVER USE WIMAX OR ANY SORT OF WIRELESS BROADBAND EVER NEVER NEVER:@:cry::madness:

well if refund is no chance then i will neither stop till showing them hell like feeling ... next time i have a problem of any kind then i just time call the tata toll-free and release my frustration. i will make sure they lose enough money in sending their engineers and engaging thier network guys. God knows or rather tata support teams can guess better how much nuisance nano is going to create. I am yet to come acorss a tata product which is reliable or have a good repo. ... even in jokes TCS is the victim.

Well TATA's and Reliance are famous for creating this kind of pain to there customers.. moreover I would never go with the wireless broadband/internet as it will be slow in compared with the wireline broadband.. Wimax is a new technology working well in west and europe.. but we al know ow is it in India..Off Topic: you spoke about TCS.. I have some frnds workng there.. and they say TCS HR is the worst in India.. they think as if the cmpany belongs to them.. even for an employment letter, they take 2-3 days..

:o :oMine is a positive story though. I never get outages and get download speeds of around 64-70 kbps max and generally around 50 kbps. I have a 512 UL connection and cant remember when the last outage was :S . I had an ADSL Connection from Tata and that was very unstable :cry: ....... But Wimax has no outages. :D I wish I had better speed though.

been using WiMax since last one year. No major Problem. Getting Good Speed since i migratd to WiMax connection. See my Test on my signature

I happily shifted to WiMax and i haven't received a problem as yet.almost 3 months without any connectivity loss:dance:

Well i see the post is about 5 months old.. But still wanted to share if any1 reading.. The wimax connection does not slow down the speeds comparable to wired access.. Provided the wimax receiver must be placed at the exact spot where it can directly receive the data from the tower.. The tower must be within 3-4 km range..The wimax must be properly angled and placed at a high point over your house from where u can directly see the tower..

And then you can get complete speeds.. I use flash 384 plan.. I use IDM for downloads and i am getting really full speeds..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back