Windows 11

All I want is 7zip to have the ability to create gzip/bz2 directly without creating a tar file first 🤷‍♂️

That's technically impossible. Gzip/Bz2 are compression formats but they work on individual files only. Tar on the other hand can create archives but not compress. Hence, they need to be used together.

I get that. But if a command line can do it with a single command, so can a gui app. Just create a tar first and than gzip it.

I am pretty sure I have used another compression app that was able to do that.

Here is Peazip!

XoFUSAa.webp

This is the worst OS in the entire history of OSes. And extremely poorly optimized. Like done by a 5 year old. I thought Chrome ate system resources. Windows 11 can destroy your PC. Stay the fuck away.

I can't even get it to run in a virtual machine despite giving it 4 CPU cores and 14 GB RAM. It still crawls. Actual PC pe how will it run? Same with a pen drive. I am trying a live USB version of it and again the same thing. You perform one click and then wait a minute for anything to happen.

I remember the beta version being much faster. This is getting worse with every update I think.

How did you get that impression? lol The only time I used Windows 11 was when it was launched and I was using it on a VM. And it ran nicely at that time. I guess all that Copilot shit has made it extremely slow.

VM and USB will be slow for sure, try it bare metal, but really if you're already running Linux happily then why torture yourself ;-)

At least it should work fine on VirtualBox. I have run macOS on VirtualBox and it was faster. Windows 11 is just pathetic.

For now I am happy dual booting Win 10 and Kubuntu.

Back